“Top service and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Real Canoa

Real Canoa
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Real Canoa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 606 Restaurants in Funchal
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Skipton
“Top service and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

After reading many excellent reviews my wife and I visited this restaurant during our holiday. We went for a walk one afternoon and called in for a drink and met the owner Bruno. He was very welcoming and our reservation was made.
We were transported from our hotel to the restaurant on arrival we were shown to our reserved table.
Bruno and his hard working team make this restaurant, the food and service is very good, the atmosphere is excellent,

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Wiltshire
“Good Fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have visited this restaurant every year since it opened and spend at least 3 night out of my weeks holiday there. This is not because the food its any better than anywhere else, its because of Bruno and his staff. I regularly visit on my own and occasionally with my partner and step daughter, the hospitality is always the same and very welcoming. This is not what can be said of other places - including the hotel I stay in.
Last year It was my 50th birthday and with no preplanning my partner conspired with Bruno to get a birthday cake for me. I know they probable ran to the nearest supermarket - but they did it and it was greatly appreciated.
Another year when I visited on my own Bruno took a few of us into town in his mini bus to see the Christmas lights. I would never have gone into town at night on my own.
The food is just plain good, not fantastic. Like most mixed restaurants in Madeira, fish is not the best option here as it tends to be very well cooked and dry. Beef, chicken, pork and lamb are fantastic, and the tourist menu is excellent value for money.
Bruno I owe you a hot toddy!

• Visited November 2012
UK
“Nice meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Good food and excellent service. I had chicken cooked on a hot stone - very good. Husband had excellent steak and my daughter had a seafood pasta.

Visited July 2013
“Fantastic restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Fantastic restaurant with really friendly team who work hard to make sure you enjoy your meal and this is enhanced by the lovely music most nights. Well worth booking on a Sunday night as Julio plays the guitar then and often ends up getting customers involved in singing and occasional dances with Bruno the owner. The food is gorgeous, and nothing is too much trouble, they are even happy to come and collect you. Bruno even gave us advice about the best places to visit in Madeira and lent us a guide book. Certainly the best place we ate in whilst staying in Madeira, and would like to thank the whole team for looking after us so well. Definitely will be booking in there if we return to Madeira.

Amersham
“mixed feelings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

you probably need to book
wonderful atmosphere, very friendy staff, very helpful waitress, good musical entertainment.
Had cook on the stone beef, which was fine though the chips were a bit raw and did not cook thorough on the hot stone, my friend had mixed meat and she got almost as much beef plus chicken and lamb so better value. My husband had curried fish which he found a little disappointing. It was by quite a margin the most expensive meal of our stay on Mareira and I am not so sure the exerience justifies the cost, though all the clients there went out of their way to tell us how good the place was. They do offer lifts to and from the restaurant which is probably an additional pull, but I left feeling a little let down.