2nd time at Palheiro Village. This time with 4 children aged 13 down to 10! Exceeded our expectations staying in Villa 73 at the top of the hill, or more like mansion. Lift connecting the floors, fabulous pool and views. So clean and homely. Staff are as always helpful, thank you Vera. Very quiet at the top. We walked down the hill to use no 38 bus into town which the children enjoyed but we did use a taxi back stopping outside the villa! We love Madeira. The only down side with staying in these villas, if you are with children is that it is very quiet, not really many children around. Maybe a hotel would have more action in the evening. However, we are out most nights and enjoyed the luxury and comfort of returning in the evening to this beautiful home. We prefer self catering when with the children. Recommend this beautiful and well kept village. The golf club at the top served a very good evening meal as a treat on our last night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palheiro Village is situated within the 120 hectare former hunting estate "The Palheiro Estate". The Palheiro Village offers 48 exclusively built and furnished apartments and villas. The superb sea views and panoramic views over Funchal make this the ideal holiday destination for the single traveller or families and friends. On the Estate you will find two restaurants, a tea house and an 18 hole golf course,a tennis court, a newly built spa and a sub-tropical garden. A hire car is advisable for the property. Public transport into Funchal is just outside the front door. Welcome to the Palheiro Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, ACCOR and Travelocity so you can book your Palheiro Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palheiro Village Hotel Funchal
- Palheiro Village Madeira/Funchal