We stayed for two weeks in a really good quality two bedroom apartment. All properties overlook the sea & face south, so get the sun all day. The apartments are really well finished & have a large kitchen (for those so inclined!). It is not a large scheme & there are not really any facilities for children other than the communal pool.
A car is essential. The road on site is very steep, so we used the car even to go to the golf club at the top! The club allows guests to walk through the footpaths in the course area, which is a delight. The restaurant in the golf club is perfectly adequate, with a wide ranging menu, but it has final orders for dinner at 7.00pm. The staff are very friendly. The dining room at the hotel is first class.
The formal gardens are very good & well worth spending a relaxing hour or two.
There is an office on site with very helpful staff
The local supermarket is about 1km away and is not very big, but fine for essentials.
Top tip is to order the Welcome Pack. Arriving after dark and then trying to find the supermarket would not be fun.
Highly recommended for couples, but might not suit families.
A word of warning about Timeshare touts in Funchal. They will tell you they are doing a survey on tourists' impressions of Madeira. Look up warnings online so you are pre-warned!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palheiro Village is situated within the 120 hectare former hunting estate "The Palheiro Estate". The Palheiro Village offers 48 exclusively built and furnished apartments and villas. The superb sea views and panoramic views over Funchal make this the ideal holiday destination for the single traveller or families and friends. On the Estate you will find two restaurants, a tea house and an 18 hole golf course,a tennis court, a newly built spa and a sub-tropical garden. A hire car is advisable for the property. Public transport into Funchal is just outside the front door. Welcome to the Palheiro Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Palheiro Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palheiro Village Hotel Funchal
- Palheiro Village Madeira/Funchal