We stayed for two weeks in a really good quality two bedroom apartment. All properties overlook the sea & face south, so get the sun all day. The apartments are really well finished & have a large kitchen (for those so inclined!). It is not a large scheme & there are not really any facilities for children other than the communal pool.
A car is essential. The road on site is very steep, so we used the car even to go to the golf club at the top! The club allows guests to walk through the footpaths in the course area, which is a delight. The restaurant in the golf club is perfectly adequate, with a wide ranging menu, but it has final orders for dinner at 7.00pm. The staff are very friendly. The dining room at the hotel is first class.
The formal gardens are very good & well worth spending a relaxing hour or two.
There is an office on site with very helpful staff
The local supermarket is about 1km away and is not very big, but fine for essentials.
Top tip is to order the Welcome Pack. Arriving after dark and then trying to find the supermarket would not be fun.
Highly recommended for couples, but might not suit families.
A word of warning about Timeshare touts in Funchal. They will tell you they are doing a survey on tourists' impressions of Madeira. Look up warnings online so you are pre-warned!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a wide choice of Luxury Villas and Apartments we are able to offer you a home away from home at very reasonable prices with excellent conditions. Additionaly, our guests are entitled to a great selection of facilities and services at discounted prices. Located on a prime hilltop site overlooking Funchal, the 120 hectare Palheiro Estate has grown from an early 19th century hunting lodge and summer retreat for nobility into a sophisticated resort destination. It is important to remember that renting a holiday home in Madeira differs from reserving a hotel room or bed & breakfast. The advantages of renting a property at Palheiro Village allow our guests to enjoy privacy and flexibility within a luxury property offering unsurpassed views. Many of our guests find that renting a holiday home provides them with exceptional value and freedom. All of our fully furnished and very well equipped properties will surpass all your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you to your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Palheiro Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palheiro Village Hotel Funchal
- Palheiro Village Madeira/Funchal