“Excellent food, consistent with Reid's quality.”

Ristorante Villa Cipriani
Reserve with
Ristorante Villa Cipriani is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 654 Restaurants in Funchal
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We were tired after a long-haul flight to Lisbon and an afternoon connection to Madeira, so we decided to eat at this Reid's Palace owned restaurant. The food was superb, the wine choice extensive, and the desserts were good too. The service was courteous and the ambiance is very romantic and intimate. I have found that all the food portions in Portugal are HUGE so I suggest splitting an entree! Lovely restaurant and I highly recommend it, as I would go back for more!!!!!

1  Thank nwmouse
ciricam, General Manager at Ristorante Villa Cipriani, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Valuable Customer.

Thanks a lot for sharing your comments.

It has been a pleasure to read that you had a delightful experience at our restaurant, and we would like to thank you very much for having chosen Villa Cipriani, and for the nice comments with which you describe your dining experience.

We would be more pleased to welcoming you back during your next visit to Madeira.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We spent the last evening of our honeymoon, having dinner in this restaurant. It was a nice evening, with good food and a nice view.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We had two fantastic meals in Villa Cipriani. On the first night I mentioned that I was a Coeliac and asked the waiter to recommend gluten free options on the menu. He returned with gluten free bread for me and explained that quite a few items on the menu could be produced without gluten. The meals were absolutely delicious and the service first class.

We returned the next night as we were so impressed, the staff remembered us and brought out the gluten free bread again! The waiting staff were very attentive without getting on your nerves...... we would highly recommend Villa Cipriani. Not cheap, but worth every penny!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

The food, starter and main course was very nice. My husband and I had aubergine and cheese starter for me and Parma ham and melon for him. We both had rack of lamb as our main course. The wine was not too bad at 20 euros, special offer, but the next page had very expensive wines best to be avoided. We went there with our friends as it was a special birthday. Our friends also had a dessert and my husband a brandy. At 11euros rather too much. He said the brandy was no better than the 3 1/2 euro ones he had in other restaurants. Overall it was a pleasant meal but much too expensive. The waiters were very good and couldn't fault them. As it was dark we were unable to admire the view. In total our bill came to 300 euros.

ciricam, Manager at Ristorante Villa Cipriani, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear Valued Client,

Thank you very much for writing your feedback.

I am particularly grateful for sharing with us your satisfaction, which I will share with the entire team as your opinion makes difference for the quality in our service.

On another note, I would like to take this opportunity express my appreciation for all your comments, which have been matter of discussion in order to evaluate corrective actions.

Our guests are the best judges of our service and, in this sense, we did take your feedback as constructive and shall used it as a guideline for the future.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed January 19, 2014

It fulfilled all we hoped it would be. We had the house white wine which is exclusive to the restaurant and it was excellent value for money. My partner had what we called " the best starter ever" which was the cannelloni with chicken & veal and a wonderful cheese sauce. This was followed by the calves liver which many others have recommended on here and again it exceeded expectations. To finish? The apple crumble with Madeira wine which I was assured was heaven, by now I was out of the game, no room for a dessert for me! My main course was delicious, pasta with a lobster sauce and prawns - wonderful. As well as the fantastic food, all the staff made us feel very welcome and service was top class. We've booked to return on our last night before returning home. Don't miss this wonderful experience.

1  Thank Jenni R

Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for sharing your review.

We have been pleased to read that you have enjoyed your experience at Villa Cipriani, and we would like to express our gratitude for your preference. On behalf of all Reid's Team I would like to thank you for your nice words, and we all hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you back soon.

Hotel Manager