“Best stake on a stone”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Nummela, Finland
“Best stake on a stone”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Went here two times. First time was clearly better, but the steak on a stone was so delisious it was wort the wait. First time the service couldn't be better. Second time the place was very busy and was disappointed to see it affected this place so much. Service was ok, waited drinks and food for too long. We found it strange that they have the tourist menus but they don't give it to you if you don't ask. In fact we saw three different kind of menus...

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Maria K

• Finnish first
Fakenham
“Fantastic place to unwind and eat fabulous food”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We were staying at the Vila Vicencia directly opposite La Bamba with my parents so decided to give it a try. In fact we enjoyed it so much we ate there 4 times during our week long visit. The tourist menu is great value for money and offers a good choice. We also chose from the main menu a couple of times and I can honestly say that the food was fabulous every time and the staff were charming and funny. Be prepared for a little wait occasionally because this restaurant is very popular with both tourists and locals but the atmosphere was so good we really didn't care. As the weather was good we sat outside each evening and relaxed with a glass of wine. If you walk past this restaurant and a very lively waitress summons you in, don't say no.... and definitely try the steak on a stone. It's an great experience.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Shirley B
“Waited 20mins before I was given a menu”
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

When seated in La Bamba I was happy with the feel of the restaurant, it was nicely placed. The happiness of my mood didn't last long. I had to wait 20 minutes before I was even given menus, and even then they didn't have enough, so we had to share. The food on the menu was nice and simple, nothing too complex. We ordered drinks and waited around 35 mins before they arrived. The starter took around another half an hour after the drinks. Once we had finished the starters which didn't taste bad, it took 20 mins before the plates were taken away. 40 minutes later the main course arrived. My pizza was nothing special, a bit dry. It didn't make up for the time we had waited. In the end we decided not too have sweets as it would be quicker to walk back to our hotel and get room service. Far too much waiting!

Toulouse, France
“Great food, great fun”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Four of us went to this restaurant and enjoyed the experience so much that we went back two nights later. The steak on a stone was an experience that both men enjoyed and we ladies had a good laugh at them wearing their plastic bibs. The three course menu was good value and the fillet steak hardly needed a knife it was so tender. The waitresses were chatty and bubbly and we were made to feel special. I only wish it had been warmer so that we could have taken advantage of the outside area too.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Chris P
Bath, United Kingdom
“Great”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We chose to eat here for our final night in Madeira and we weren't disappointed. My wife's pasta was light, perfectly cooked and very tasty. It was covered in quintessential tomato sauce, but had some actual character. I had the steak on the stone which was a fabulous piece of beef that I got to cook at the table to my preference. IT was quite possibly the best steak I had ever had and the mustard and pepper sauces complimented it perfectly. I would not call this place authentically Italian, but I would call it delicious.

• Visited January 2013