The hotel is stunning, the roof top bar is excellent, with service and views to match. If you are looking for bustling nightlife Funchal would not be ideal, but if you want a very relaxing holiday, with great service, in a luxury hotel then we would recommend The Vine to anyone. It would be particularly good for a long weekend break (if you're from Europe).
The food at the restaurants, in the town, is aimed at the older crowd (70+) and nearly all restaurants have the same menu. However, we ordered lunch at the poolside of the hotel nearly every day, and it was always excellent. We also ate at the hotel restaurant which we can highly recommend. The hotel spa is also amazing - we did the couples option which was just what we needed.
We can not understand why people would write a negative review about this hotel. We had a brilliant time and would return tomorrow if we had the chance, and there weren't 1,000 other places on our list that we still need to visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel with soul, just like a good wine. The Vine is sophisticated and luxurious. With a touch of simplicity and discretion, just the way you like it. A dip in the panoramic pool, a vino-therapy session in the spa or a gourmet dinner with a view over the city: these are just a few of the pleasures awaiting you at The Vine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Vine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Vine, a Divine Hotel Hotel Funchal
- Vine a Divine Funchal
- The Vine Hotel Madeira/Funchal