we stayed at this hotel for 10 days 27/04 to 7/05. The hotel is great and the staff could not be any more pleasant and helpful, in particular Joao, Marco, Irene and Fabio. Our room no 216 is an Atrium room which is on the 1st floor above the lobby and is lovely and very modern but there is a taxi rank directly below and can be noisy. The only thing wrong with it the lack of storage space - one drawer, one wardrobe although there are two but one is taken up by the safe and mini bar ( the contents of which are free until exhausted and if replenished at your request then there is a charge thereafter) The internet is free with two terminals and printer.
One thing which has us confused is that there are 79 rooms - the roof top pool has 13 double loungers and about the same singles so will accommodate maybe 40 people what happens when the hotel is fully booked and everyone wants to sun bathe?
we were on B&B the breakfasts were very good, no waiting for 20 minutes for eggs as other reviewers have mentioned.
The lounge and restaurant furniture are worn almost to collapse and the arm chairs are uncomfortable. But overall we enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel with soul, just like a good wine. The Vine is sophisticated and luxurious. With a touch of simplicity and discretion, just the way you like it. A dip in the panoramic pool, a vino-therapy session in the spa or a gourmet dinner with a view over the city: these are just a few of the pleasures awaiting you at The Vine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your The Vine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Vine, a Divine Hotel Hotel Funchal
- Vine a Divine Funchal
- The Vine Hotel Madeira/Funchal