The Vine Hotel is architecturally first class and has great facilities all round particularly the rooftop pool area. Also, its reception team are about the most helpful and friendly I have ever met. I want to say a special thank you to Ana Marques in particular who was so helpful with email responses to queries in advance of my visit and gave us a lovely upgraded room on arrival and was so kind throughout our visit.
Breakfast was very good but service was slow for items ordered from the menu. However, the selection of foods on self service was faultless and of the highest quality.
The bedrooms are ultra modern and also of the highest standard. However, many elements in the room need closer attention from a comfort standpoint i.e. the night stand ledge beside the bed, a simple guide on how to manage the lighting system and the temperature of the fridge which was barely lower than lukewarm. Other housekeeping matters were stains on sideboard (which could easily be treated) and the toilet door which grated off the stone floor. But when we brought the door problem to the attention of the hotel it was fixed immediately.
The hotel location is superb but my greatest praise is reserved for the pool area on roof. It is simply outstanding and sunbathing there during our holiday was an infinite pleasure, what with the comfort of the day beds, the jacuzzi, infinity pool, ultra luxurious changing rooms and towels and of course the magnificent view.
The bar area off the lobby needs more comfortable seating and more atmosphere if it is to attract evening custom.
The two occasions we had dinner at Uma were a big disappointment, I fail to understand how this restaurant receives such good reviews and has a Michelin star. Service was anything but good but the food was amongst the worst I have ever had. But the lunches we had at the pool which would have come from the Uma kitchens were outstanding so its hard to reconcile the different standards between lunch and dinner.
The spa experience was also very good and a really fab jacuzzi.
All round a very good hotel but the food at Uma, the seating in the bar area and service at breakfast need urgent attention as they are negatively impacting on what is otherwise a very good hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel with soul, just like a good wine. The Vine is sophisticated and luxurious. With a touch of simplicity and discretion, just the way you like it. A dip in the panoramic pool, a vino-therapy session in the spa or a gourmet dinner with a view over the city: these are just a few of the pleasures awaiting you at The Vine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, HostelWorld, TravelUp, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Vine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Vine, a Divine Hotel Hotel Funchal
- Vine a Divine Funchal
- The Vine Hotel Madeira/Funchal