The hotel wants to be elegant, but the staff are not prepared to this.
On check in we have to wait more than 90 minutes at the lobby to have our room ready
OK, sometimes problems happens. But you have be prepared to deal wit them. In this case the staff should have, at least, offered some compensation to their frustrated and tired guests. They don't offered even a coffee or a glass of water!!!!
It's clear that it's a lack of staff training. But a hotel that charges more than 300 euros for a room must have an efficient, warm and polite staff.
On the other hand, the rooms are very nice, clean and well decorated. We had a beautiful view of the mountains. There is a big bathtub inside, Breakfast it's only good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel with soul, just like a good wine. The Vine is sophisticated and luxurious. With a touch of simplicity and discretion, just the way you like it. A dip in the panoramic pool, a vino-therapy session in the spa or a gourmet dinner with a view over the city: these are just a few of the pleasures awaiting you at The Vine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, HostelWorld, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Agoda, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Vine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Vine, a Divine Hotel Hotel Funchal
- Vine a Divine Funchal
- The Vine Hotel Madeira/Funchal