The hotel is about a 7 minute walk from old town and has awesome views from the pool on the roof. It is attached to a shopping mall which seems odd but was great as it doesnt feel like it and you are an elevator ride away from a supermarket and anything else you need. Also it has the best gym of any hotel i've seen. Some negatives, The hotel room we had was very small and had a lighting system that was very confusing. After 2 days we still couldn't figure out how to turn on or off certain lights. The water fall shower was awesome but the floor slopes away from the drain so it overflows into the bathroom. Definitely eat at UVA the upstairs restaraunt if you like tasting menu type food. It's a Michelin 1 star and deserving of it. We ate there for the New Year's Eve event and couldnt beleive we felt like we got a deal for 350 euros each. That included all the wine you could drink and an open bar party afterwards on the roof. We definitely recommend the gala if you are in town for New Years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel with soul, just like a good wine. The Vine is sophisticated and luxurious. With a touch of simplicity and discretion, just the way you like it. A dip in the panoramic pool, a vino-therapy session in the spa or a gourmet dinner with a view over the city: these are just a few of the pleasures awaiting you at The Vine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Vine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Vine, a Divine Hotel Hotel Funchal
- Vine a Divine Funchal
- The Vine Hotel Madeira/Funchal