Wonderful surprise: The hotel is above a shopping centre, don't let this put you off. It is the centre of Funchal. The building is modern and when you arrive in reception you are welcomed and the staff are friendly and helpful. The room was fantastic with every modern facility, electric blinds and curtains great fun, clean and comfortable. The bathroom area is a pebble floor, fine with the slippers that they provide and I never found the shower floor a problem, you won't slip over....
The swimming pool is on the terrace with fantastic views across Funchal. The spa is wonderful. I do not have a bad word to say.
I was on a Mon to Fri break with a girlfriend and we did B&B as we wanted to experience food in the city. Breakfast was great with a lot of choice.
Funchal is a wonderful place to visit. Would not recommend this hotel for family's or young children, this is definitely a grown up hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel with soul, just like a good wine. The Vine is sophisticated and luxurious. With a touch of simplicity and discretion, just the way you like it. A dip in the panoramic pool, a vino-therapy session in the spa or a gourmet dinner with a view over the city: these are just a few of the pleasures awaiting you at The Vine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Vine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Vine, a Divine Hotel Hotel Funchal
- Vine a Divine Funchal
- The Vine Hotel Madeira/Funchal