We are staying at this hotel for our honeymoon. We picked this hotel because it is unique and it simply has passed all expectations. Some may say: "it is too dark, too many gadgets, not practical, on top of a shopping centre" but believe me when I say: it all works. No doubt the designers spent many years of brain storming to come out with a product with such unique properties that they simply do not want to be thought of as: 'just another hotel' The hotel is not swapped or over crowded and there simply is no need to quickly reserve a sun lounger near the pool with a towel. Everything is at a slow, relaxed, and elegant pace giving you time to smile at your surroundings.
Twice daily the maids come into your room. They leave behind a treat of sweets and a variety of small fruits on a stick. Your bed is made in the morning and is turned down in the evening.
The breakfast is pure quality. It is a buffet of the freshest of fruits, bread, home squeezed juices and quality products you can taste the difference. On top of this you can have the chef prepare certain cooked breakfasts to tickle your taste buds. The hotel has a fantastic infinity pool and jacuzzi on the roof to relax and take in the spectacular views of Funchal.
As stated we travelled here on our honeymoon and as soon as the hotel got wind of this they sent up to our room a complimentary bottle of champagne on the management. The staff were brilliant. Not grumpy, no signs of fatigue and always there to help you. I could go on but I don't want to repeat all the other reviews. Have a look at the pictures, look at the website, read the reviews. I enjoyed it. I wanted 5 star and I got exactly that.
I have 4 more days to go so I with further explore everything else the hotel has to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel with soul, just like a good wine. The Vine is sophisticated and luxurious. With a touch of simplicity and discretion, just the way you like it. A dip in the panoramic pool, a vino-therapy session in the spa or a gourmet dinner with a view over the city: these are just a few of the pleasures awaiting you at The Vine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Vine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Vine, a Divine Hotel Hotel Funchal
- Vine a Divine Funchal
- The Vine Hotel Madeira/Funchal