Have just returned from an amazing trip to Funchal. Truly the nicest place I've ever visited and somewhere I hope to return to.
This hotel really contributed to our trip. My first impression was how luxurious it looked all over. It really does deserve it's 5 star status. We are still in disbelief at the price we paid and how much we got for our money.
Check in was quick and simple and extremely friendly. We made various enquiries over the holiday with various reception staff about facilities and directions. Every member of staff was always happy to help and explained things clearly to us each time.
The room was spotlessly clean with a comfortable bed, powerful hot shower, fridge and a free safety deposit box. We couldn't ask for more than that!
The breakfast buffet on offer each morning was plentiful and delicious. When I think back to what was available to us, it would be too numerous to list it all! All I can say every requirement is catered for here and was always of the highest standard.
The location was very decent for us, the centre of Funchal being about 30 minute walk away but regular bus services running nearby. However if you do not wish to venture far there are plenty of decent bars and restaurants located across the road.
All in all, I cannot find any fault with this establishment at all.. As said we hope to return to Funchal at some point in the future and the Melia will without a doubt be our top priority.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Madeira is a modern and elegant five-star hotel with a contemporary design that will enhance the availability of quality accommodation options for both business and leisure travelers to Madeira Island. Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and boasting magnificent sea views, the hotel is conveniently located a few meters of the sea, in close proximity to the small pebble beach, Gorgulho and offers direct access to the Oceanside promenade. The Resort offers free Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas, an indoor and outdoor pool and a spa. Elegantly-furnished rooms offer a balcony and cable TV. Some rooms of Meliã Madeira Mare include scenic views of the Atlantic Ocean from the balcony. Many of the hotel’s rooms also have a sitting area.Guests can relax in the jacuzzi and sauna at Meliã Madeira Mare’s spa. Massage treatments and a steam bath are also offered.Free parking is available. Madeira International Airport is a 25-minute drive away. Meliã Madeira Mare is a 5-minute walk from the center of the city.Meliã Madeira Mare’s restaurant serves a breakfast buffet and themed buffets for dinner. A la Carte menu is also available. The hotel’s pool bar provides refreshing beverages and light snacks for lunch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Odigeo, Agoda and Prestigia so you can book your Melia Madeira Mare Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Madeira Mare Resort And Spa
- Melia Madeira Mare Hotel Funchal
- Sol Melia Funchal
- Melia Madeira Mare Resort & Spa Funchal