I frequently travel to Funchal do to business arrangements and I use this hotel for week or less stays. The hotel has sea view although it is far from Funchal city centre, which means that if you want a night walk after dinner you can do that enjoying sea view. The free hotel pool, gym and jacuzzi is well appreciated after one long day working, although some hotels in Madeira do also offer sauna and steam bath. Personnel in the reception is friendly and helpful. Rooms are usually big and comfortable and bathroom does the job. Do not expect to have great toiletry assortments so bring your own shampoo and shower gel if you are as picky as me...breakfast s quite good and full with lot f options, from fresh fruit, bread assortment, cheese and cold cuts and the traditional bacon and eggs. You can also ask for eggs or omelette to the kitchen free of charge. The only upsetting issue I have is the shortage of staff in breakfast, which makes the coffee and milk order so slow. The outside pool looks excellent if you have the time to use but unfortunately I have never use it. Taxis are just outside so you do not have to ask reception for one. There is a smoking room with tv where you can watch your favorite teams playing. Usually I meet Portuguese football players of teams that use the hotel before the match so you can try to get one or two autographs if you are a fan! I would recommend this hotel considering cost-benefit but I should know that in Madeira 5 stars hotel are usually o good standard so always check the best rate!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Madeira is a modern and elegant five-star hotel with a contemporary design that will enhance the availability of quality accommodation options for both business and leisure travelers to Madeira Island. Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and boasting magnificent sea views, the hotel is conveniently located a few meters of the sea, in close proximity to the small pebble beach, Gorgulho and offers direct access to the Oceanside promenade. The Resort offers free Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas, an indoor and outdoor pool and a spa. Elegantly-furnished rooms offer a balcony and cable TV. Some rooms of Meliã Madeira Mare include scenic views of the Atlantic Ocean from the balcony. Many of the hotel’s rooms also have a sitting area.Guests can relax in the jacuzzi and sauna at Meliã Madeira Mare’s spa. Massage treatments and a steam bath are also offered.Free parking is available. Madeira International Airport is a 25-minute drive away. Meliã Madeira Mare is a 5-minute walk from the center of the city.Meliã Madeira Mare’s restaurant serves a breakfast buffet and themed buffets for dinner. A la Carte menu is also available. The hotel’s pool bar provides refreshing beverages and light snacks for lunch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prodigios Interactivos SA, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Melia Madeira Mare Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Madeira Mare Hotel Funchal
- Melia Madeira Mare Resort And Spa
- Sol Melia Funchal
- Melia Madeira Mare Resort & Spa Funchal