We went 1st week in November for our honeymoon. We had a 4th floor room with a side sea view. The hotel facilities were great, it was useful having a indoor pool given it rained most of the week (although it is a bit annoying that you cant use the pool sometimes when there is a class on). Breakfasts were great and also when we ate the buffet evening meal once it was also good. We would recommend to others.
We tried 2 of the 3 restaurants over the road from the hotel, both were great although service was pretty slow in the middle one. The one on the left (called something like wine shop) was probably our favourite.
Only negatives I can think of is lack of soap dish and some people may not appreciate the window that allows someone in the bedroom to open a blind and view someone in the shower!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Madeira is a modern and elegant five-star hotel with a contemporary design that will enhance the availability of quality accommodation options for both business and leisure travelers to Madeira Island. Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and boasting magnificent sea views, the hotel is conveniently located a few meters of the sea, in close proximity to the small pebble beach, Gorgulho and offers direct access to the Oceanside promenade. The Resort offers free Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas, an indoor and outdoor pool and a spa. Elegantly-furnished rooms offer a balcony and cable TV. Some rooms of Meliã Madeira Mare include scenic views of the Atlantic Ocean from the balcony. Many of the hotel’s rooms also have a sitting area.Guests can relax in the jacuzzi and sauna at Meliã Madeira Mare’s spa. Massage treatments and a steam bath are also offered.Free parking is available. Madeira International Airport is a 25-minute drive away. Meliã Madeira Mare is a 5-minute walk from the center of the city.Meliã Madeira Mare’s restaurant serves a breakfast buffet and themed buffets for dinner. A la Carte menu is also available. The hotel’s pool bar provides refreshing beverages and light snacks for lunch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Prodigios Interactivos SA, TravelUp, Hotel.de, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Melia Madeira Mare Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Madeira Mare Hotel Funchal
- Melia Madeira Mare Resort And Spa
- Sol Melia Funchal
- Melia Madeira Mare Resort & Spa Funchal