Stayed for a weekend at this Funchal hotel. The hotel is located in the Promenade of Lido, 20/30 min walking to Funchal city center or 5 euro cab ride. Location is great, with sea views.
The hotel has modern facilities, clean, well decorated, staff is friendly. They let us use the hotel till 8pm as our flight was only at 10pm and that was great. Very good outside swimming pool and you have an inside one and spa as well. Free wifi.
Plenty of restaurants and a shopping center nearby, though you have better restaurants in the old part of the city.
Breakfast was good, though they were having some trouble with the guests going all at the same time and there were some shortages of food.
Value for money it was a great choice, as other hotels were more expensive and not sure if they were that good. I would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Madeira is a modern and elegant five-star hotel with a contemporary design that will enhance the availability of quality accommodation options for both business and leisure travelers to Madeira Island. Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and boasting magnificent sea views, the hotel is conveniently located a few meters of the sea, in close proximity to the small pebble beach, Gorgulho and offers direct access to the Oceanside promenade. The Resort offers free Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas, an indoor and outdoor pool and a spa. Elegantly-furnished rooms offer a balcony and cable TV. Some rooms of Meliã Madeira Mare include scenic views of the Atlantic Ocean from the balcony. Many of the hotel’s rooms also have a sitting area.Guests can relax in the jacuzzi and sauna at Meliã Madeira Mare’s spa. Massage treatments and a steam bath are also offered.Free parking is available. Madeira International Airport is a 25-minute drive away. Meliã Madeira Mare is a 5-minute walk from the center of the city.Meliã Madeira Mare’s restaurant serves a breakfast buffet and themed buffets for dinner. A la Carte menu is also available. The hotel’s pool bar provides refreshing beverages and light snacks for lunch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Melia Madeira Mare Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Madeira Mare Resort And Spa
- Melia Madeira Mare Hotel Funchal
- Sol Melia Funchal
- Melia Madeira Mare Resort & Spa Funchal