“excellent food, service and value”
Review of Sabor da India

Sabor da India
Reserve with
Sabor da India is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 643 Restaurants in Funchal
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: "Sabor da Índia" brings to you authentic Indian Delicacies. We offer Vegan and Gluten-free courses aside from Chicken, Fish, Lamb and Prawn delicacies. Spicy... or not! The expression "Sabor da India" literally means "The Flavour of India". That is exactly our slogan, or 'Raison d'etre' of our Restaurant - To bring to you all the exotic and spicy tastes from India to the other side of the world - Madeira Island. Come join us for Dinner. We also offer special deals at Lunch, set menus and Take-out.Lunch is served from 12:00 to 15:00, and Dinner is served from 18:00 to 23:00.We offer full disabled facilities, meaning that our Restaurant is designed and fully equipped for people bearing a handicap.
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We ate here twice. The food is very good and staff extremely helpful. It is up a small street but worth finding.

There are newer reviews for Sabor da India

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Family run and friendly, tables nice and spread out (what is it with Funchal!). We live in Yorkshire where the Asian food is exceptionally good, and we were pleasantly surprised by how good this was. A little slow to serve, but the menu does say to expect to wait 30-40 mins for your food.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We sought this curry house out after reading the very positive reviews and weren't disappointed. Nice restaurant, pleasant staff and very good food. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband wanted a curry though I was apprehensive it would not meet my standards. I was pleased with my lamb curry which fortunately was not greasy and my husband really enjoyed the tandoori chicken . The service was good and the manager friendly. It was not very busy the night we went. The faclities were clean, always a good sign.The only negative- 1euro for a papadum is a bit steep. An enjoyable spicy evening

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Yes, sorry I'm one of those people that want a curry when I am on holiday.

The curry was was delicious, the owner kept coming over and asking what we thought of the pickles which, apparently, were ones he had made himeself. The owner was very pleasant. I did like the waitress too. She asked my partner if he had been crying when he was desparately trying to say his curry wasn't too hot :0)

We would definitely go there again.