“Great value for a more upper class meal”
Review of Beef & Wines

Beef & Wines
Reserve with
Beef & Wines is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 628 Restaurants in Funchal
Cuisines: Portuguese, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Born and raised in Funchal, Madeira Island, the Beef and Wines offers a new gastronomic experience where the best New Zealand´s meat joins Portugal top wines.
Reading, United Kingdom
“Great value for a more upper class meal”
Reviewed December 6, 2010

I ate in this restaurant twice and I was not disappointed either time.

Don't be put off by the name as this is not just steak.

The prices are good for the quality and the menu choice is excellent for both meat with steak, lamb, kid and Chicken and fish with both white fish and Octopus, squid etc.

The wine section is good too. I had a steak with sweat potatoes and cabbage and this was 12.50 Euros, slightly higher than in the town but half of the price of the restaurants around the Monumental area / Cliff Bay. the steak was huge and I struggled to get through it and it was superbly cooked along with the veg.

The service was very good as well and really could not fault both my visits at all.

2 Thank ColumbusCompass

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
England
“Love meat and have big appetite? Go here.”
Reviewed December 1, 2010

I have a big appetite but was defeated by the size of portions. Watch for bread and cheese that is offered - if I had taken it I wouldn't have managed to even pick at my main course. This was because of the starter. I asked for the sausage, just for myself but that my wife would like to share it. We thought they misunderstood - enough sausage for two or three appeared, but yes, indeed it was a starter for one!
My wife had chicken breast (complete, i.e. two halves) in a spicy sauce which was excellent. I had the pichana which as others have mentioned can be a little rare for some but I found perfect. Side orders - there is a very good selection - are again very generous. I had the stewed cabbage and some chips, my wife had sweet potatoes. No complaints at all. Good quality and lots of it - great combination! Huge wine list from about 14 euro up to 180 euro ! Should be something to suit.
Prices I thought very reasonable, the pichana was 14 euro including all those sides.

Gothenburg, Sweden
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good”
Reviewed November 13, 2010

Very nice staff, friendly and good vine recommendations. And the food is really really good.

Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“E Pra Picanha is now called Beef & Wines and delivers on both!”
Reviewed November 8, 2010

We ate in the restaurant on Thursday 28th October. The only thing that had changed from two previous visits 18 months ago, was its name. The Picanha beef was excellent but you have to really stress if you want it well done! They have an impressive wine list on which they are happy to advise. It's worth sampling some of the better Portugese wines. We shared {on their suggestion} a prawn starter and a passion fruit mousse, both of which were excellent. The staff are professional while maintaining a sense of fun. The decor is bovine so bring your camera.

Setúbal
“Great Food”
Reviewed October 21, 2010

Good quality restaurant; quiet; located in the center.