“Fast service, beautiful food!”
Review of Solar da Ajuda

Solar da Ajuda
Reserve with
Solar da Ajuda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 670 Restaurants in Funchal
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: In Solar da Ajuda you will find the perfect harmony between our delicious food and a luxurious environment. Here everything was thought to please our guests. We are sure that you will feel very comfortable here with us. We pride ourselves to have an experienced and well trained team that will grant you the best of services. Visiting us is to take on the adventure of having new delicious flavours in your month, try our incomparable Steak on Stone or our delicious Mexican Fajitas. If that does not seduce you we have a incredible range of international and Regional Cousine.
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Although the restaurant is crowded I don't believe it affected the atmosphere of the restaurant. The service was amazingly fast, I ordered a pudding and it was in front of me within the minute! It was really speedy! The food was really tasty and the menu offered a large range suiting many, and all age ranges. I truly recommend this restaurant, I will be going back very soon! You may want to book in advance, it can get busy and is very popular.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,089)

Reviewed February 20, 2013

An evening meal of steak cooked on a stone seemed a good way of starting our holiday. Unfortunately, whilst my wife enjoyed her food I found my steak stringy. However, far more off-putting was the close proximity of other dinners being barely at elbow length from each other. It was a bit like dining in some overcrowded canteen! Not to my liking I am afraid even though I am sure the staff were being polite and hospitable when I could hear them above the noise!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Thank you all staff for a superb first meal and last meal on our visit to Madeira. Courteous, friendly and efficient staff rounded off by a superlative fillet steak on the stone!! Who could ask for more and at a very reasonable price. Well done and highly recommended. Book your table or you may be disappointed.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Staff great, food well priced and very nice. Try the steak on the stone..I love the chilli con carne, you can't beat it.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We have visited this restauraunt on previous visits to Funchal. the steaks are still great but perhaps the menu needs a little more variation

1  Thank Peter W