“not bad”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The restaurant is enough good.Their problem is that the tables is the one next to the other and very cloze.and this is very annoing because it's like you are in a big company!And the service was but,the food came after one hour.

1  Thank sisi c

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We ate here on our first night in Funchal, having read a review of it in the aeroplane magazine. My husband had delicious fish soup to start and we both had black scabbard fish a local delicacy. I had it with banana, he has it 'chefs style'. We felt the latter somewhat covered the flavour of the fish with sauce- simpler is better. The restaurant has a lovely location in Rua Santa Maria- a long cobbled street with street art on the building doors- and the outside tables are lovely.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Good meall with big helpings. probably best to order to share. Daniel the waietr was very helpful.
Sea food was very good but a shame that in all pancakes; fillings etc; in addition to normal fruits de mare; there was a lot of crushed crabsicks (reconstituted fish) which detracted from the courses.
Still very good and a good price.
Bacon & squid and the fish soup are to heartily recommended

1  Thank Teesdalepark
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This restaurant is in the old town. 3 of us had an evening meal here. Staff were pleasant and service was OK if a little slow to bring our main courses. This might explain why my lamb chops were overdone and tough as old boots. I know I should have complained but my companions meals were OK. The wine list was a little on the xpensive side.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Situated at the end of the Rua de Santa Maria - with all the painted doors - the friendly staff are very attentive and the food is superb. One of the best I had in Funchal!

1  Thank moncho71