Hotel Jardim Atlantico
  • Breakfast included
$142
$121
  • Restaurant
Hotel The Cliff Bay(Funchal)
Free cancellation until 05/31
$286
$237
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $274/night.

Melia Madeira Mare Resort & Spa(Funchal)
$151
$140
$134
$111
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $124/night.

$198
$140
  • Pool
All reviewsgreat place to staymain buildingbig roomthe atlantic oceanevening buffetbuffet foodwalking holidayenjoyed our stayindoor poolother hotelshalf boardlevada walksfunchalwifibalconymauriciovilla
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I stayed in this hotel this month! The rooms have lots of space and the bathroom is very clean.
The staff is very friendly, attentive and helpful!
The breakfast is good, with a huge variety of bread an marmelades!
The hotel has enviromental concernes, with the food and the water.
T strongly recomend to other guests to do the "passeio dos pés descalços". It is terapeutical.
The only thing I recomend is to have english and portuguese tv channels in the bedroom. At the moment In 9 channels , 8 are german.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Necas12
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The hotel was in a peacefull, beautiful place. And the services were exelent. We can recomend to everyone who like to take long walks along the levadas.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank TomofKokkola
Reviewed September 22, 2011

On the basis of a strong endorsement we chose this hotel but it ended up a wee bit short of our expectation. It was good, with proper amenities and with a fantastic view over the ocean. Well accessible, even when using public transport. Near several interesting walks, and the start of a very challenging descent to Paúl do Mar - and climb back up to the hotel. Food was good but not exceptional and quite expensive. The buffet breakfast was excellent, though, with loads of choice. Staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, with impressive linguistic abilities. Don't come here looking for night life, there ain't any around for 50 miles or so.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank flightwithadutchman
Reviewed June 14, 2011

This is an hotel in a rural territory. The most impressive thing in this hotel is the amazing connection with local nature but you better enjoy walking and trecking. It has an amazing mountain trail to Paúl do Mar, a small typical fishers village just under the cliff where the hotel is placed. But you'll have to walk about 1 hour 30 minutes if you want to climb up back to the hotel by the ancient route. What I found really amazing is the high number of people who was doing it! I didn't do it because I'm not a usual walker.
If you like to sleep in silence, this is the right hotel for you. It was absolutely quiet most part of the day and certainly all night.
I had a face massage at the spa, which was extremely nice. However, I found the access to the massage room very narrow, via a spiral narrow stair, which I found it was not appropriate specially for older people. Also the inner pool was not very nice because water was too cold.
The hotel has an outside pool and a tennis court away from the main room buildings, which is nice and doesn't make noise to the rooms area.
Staff is very nice all around the hotel: reception, restaurant and bar. I didn't cross the room staff but the room was always clean and done during our stay.
Rooms have a kitchenette with the basic things you need for a quick meal you might want to prepare or breakfast, including a toaster.
Buffet was good but I found it very "german style" with several cold raw salads and few hot vegetables. Food was good, no special comments.
If your a geek: You'll feel lousy! I couldn't use my cellphone on the room (no connections on the two operators) and there wasn't wi-fi neither in the room. The only wi-fi connection I could get was at the lounge. This can be a problem if you want to keep track of your activity online or if you have kids that want to access internet. I felt "disconnected" from the outside world and felt a bit unconfortable about not being able to call anybody in the evening once in the room. Reminder: cell phones are not allowed in the restaurant!
Last but certainly the better experience I had at this hotel: the barefoot walk, a sort of reflexology path on the mountain near the hotel where we take off our shoes and recall physical sensations we lose by always walking on our shoes. I just loved it, in particular walking over different kind of leaves. You can watch a part of it here: http://wp.me/pyh4p-mJ

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Linda M
Reviewed March 19, 2011

We spent two days here having been moved from the hotel we should have been staying in (Calheta Beach, see my other review). Whilst we were really grateful that we were given shelter here, it wouldn't have been the hotel we would have chosen. It is based in a very small hamlet in the hills and seems to be the choice of people who are keen hikers or naturalists (or maybe in some cases naturists, there was a nude sunbathing terrace). Because we had been inconvenienced, wine was included with our evening meal and we were upgraded to a suite. The disadvantage of this is that we had to walk up/down 69 outside steps to reach our acccomodstion, often in the rain! Both our friends and we were allocated an apartment with bedroom, lounge, kitchenette and bathroom. Because the weather was poor, the rooms were very cold but we managed to use a portable heater to ward off the worst of the chills. The buffet meals were quite good with a variety of meals and breakfast was ample. The hotel runs a variety of free bus trips which we took advantage of and visited a village which might not have done for a lunch out. The receptionist, Rita, was fantastic and I cannot praise the staff enough for looking after us at short notice. The majority of guests appear to be German or Scandinavian and the meals reflect the clientele's tastes.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple