“Can't Think Why I haven't already reviewed.”
Review of O Tapassol

O Tapassol
Ranked #456 of 1,156 Restaurants in Madeira
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bon restaurant avec cuisine à base de poisson et crustacés avec une cave très convenable. Accueil et service plus cadre de salle à manger répondent aux normes attendues pour ce genre de restaurant. à conseiller
Reviewed April 25, 2014

My wife and I are regular travellers to Madeira, and have eaten several times at O TAPASSOL. The staff are friendly and obliging. The restaurant is clean and tidy, with a terrace on the first floor, and pavement seating outside. The food is well prepared and tasty, whether you have a lunch, a snack or full on evening meal.
Would I recommend O Tapassol? Yes, I most certainly would.

There are newer reviews for O Tapassol

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We visited this restaurant on our first evening in Funchal. Like most people I don't like being "hi jacked" but to be fair it was done in a polite low key manner. The staff were efficient, helpful and enjoyed a joke. The upstairs was full so we had a pavement table which turned out to be a plus as the atmosphere was very relaxed with people engaging in conversation with other tables, something the waiters encouraged through their interaction with diners. I enjoy trying new dishes so went for grilled limpets to start followed by espada (scabbardfish) with banana, both of which are local specialities. The limpets were cooked in shell with butter and parsley and there must have been about 20 of them. I enjoyed them but would suggest that you don't order them unless you like chewy periwinckles! The espada with banana was excellent the flavours really complement each other. This was areally good start to our holiday and I certainly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We had a very pleasant experience dining at O Tapassol in early September. Alfonso the greeter was very welcoming and entertained us with some of his impressions and voice tricks, which were very good. Complimentary aperatif and digestif, very reasonable prices, and my boyfriend is still talking about the almond liqueur cake he had, which he says was one of the best desserts he's ever tasted. Service was efficient, polite and friendly and with the complimentary drinks, made this a very good value meal.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

First of all, i dont like to be "hi-jacked" in the the street by waiters, but you just have to learn to live with it, they all do it. I plan months in advance where to eat on my holiday, that makes easy.
That beeing said, this guy at O Tapassol spoke some Danish without accent - o.k. well done.
We got a table on the balcony, nice on a warm summer evening. The usual Aperitif arrived, and not only for me and my wife, but also a non-alcoholic one for our 10 year old son. That was a first - good service. Food was fine, only the T-bone was quite small but good. Extra fries and sauce, no problem. Wine was excellent, desserts too. Staff was friendly, chatty and not without humour. All in all, we had a very nice evening.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We ate at this place three times last year but only once this year because of our other commitments. Sit on the first floor near a window from where one can see a big open park with many trees around and the sea in the long distance. The atmosphere is absolutely relaxing. Sit at ease, order some cool drink, a long chilled beer and enjoy it in cool breez. With a very many dishes on the menu one can always find a dish to their liking. I ordered some kind of chicken, needless to say it was excellent with quantity and quality with very nice salad. The staff are very polite and very helpful in choosing a dish. And the young man near the entrance, Alfonso the greeter is a clever man and highly entertaining and very humorous trying to imitate different actors, James Bond is his favourite.