“Relaxed,. friendly and enjoyable”
Review of O Cantinho das Tulipas - CLOSED

O Cantinho das Tulipas
Cuisines: Diner, Portuguese, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The café/restaurant 'o cantinho das tulipas' offers an authentic Madeiran cuisine at good value for money. We are located in the Galerias de São Lourenço just across the Marina, we have a beautiful view from our terrace to the Avenida do Mar, perfect for having a relaxing time and a great opportunity to take amazing photos.I hope you will enjoy a great holiday in Madeira
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed at the Baia Azul hotel and "Summertime" quickly became a favourite for lunch time drinks and dinner. Very friendly staff, lovely relaxed atmosphere and fantastic food. A special mention to Claudio who made my son's week!

1  Thank Dollydurnin

Reviewed August 28, 2011

Absolute rubbish restaurant. We were given a Caesar salad with no Parmesan or anchovies, and Espada which was actually salted dried cod. Avoid at all costs!!

Reviewed July 15, 2011

be warned about this restaurant when you look at the prices on the board outside they do not reflect the prices when you go down the stairs to eat you can add about 3-6 euros on to price. i wish i had done what the couple sat next to me done they looked at menu and saw that the prices were different and got up and left. i stayed and the meal was only average and for two drinks and two main meals i nearly had heart attack when bill came 43 euros what a ripp of will never eat there again YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED?????????

1  Thank mowhok
Reviewed April 8, 2011

In search of non-hotel food, I picked up a card promoting Sabor da India/Taste of India, close to the Lido Post Office in Funchal.

It was worth hunting out. My sister and I enjoyed the tastiest meal of a week long holiday at this restaurant. The owner explained to us that situated on an island his chef had to grind all the spices, prepare all the sauces which might normally come from a pre-prepared catering pack on the mainland. Certainly the food was very flavoursome and they got a 10 out of 10 from me for making their own kulfi (ice cream). After bland hotel food it was great to find exciting spices to tantalize the taste buds.

Reviewed October 24, 2010

We thought, as a family, that we would like this restaurant, these thoughts were magnified when we were given a nice welcome and a large menu. The food my brother and I had was greasy and fatty and made us feel ill. At €9.90 each, that being one of the cheapest meals on the menu, we were not satisfied. The waitresses gave the impression that they knew that the food was not up to the standard and one of them being rather bad mouthed. €64!!!!!!!!! A stupid price given that we could have had a much nicer a meal, at much nicer restaurant for €40. We did not enjoy our experience at this restaurant. And we highly do not recommend going there your self.

1  Thank Edward71