“Lovely little pub with good food.”

The George & Dragon
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Chacombe
Cuisines: British, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A traditional country pub, in a idyllic surrounding. Set in the peaceful village of Chacombe, the George and Dragon is only 1 mile from junction 11 of the M40. The George and dragon is the perfect place for all occasions, whether it be for entertaining corporate lunches during the day, cosy dinners, family get togethers or a drink with your friends. The pub dates back to the 17th century and still has original beams and fire places. During an extension 20 years ago a hidden well was discovered, which has long become a big attraction of the pub, along with the unique brass bar. There is a large patio area which can seat up to 40 people during the long and thirsty summer months.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Nice little pub,really friendly staff and good food. We were staying just down the road at the Holiday Inn Express which has no restaurant, so needed somewhere close by. We were looking for a country pub which served good pub grub and that's exactly what we got. Nice choices on the menu really pleasant evening.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Called in for dinner whilst heading up the M40. Called ahead half an hour to book a table and we were nicely tucked away in a quite corner. Morrocan Lamb Burger for me which was very tasty. My wife went for the chicken kiev which she was impressed with. Did not have time to stop for desserts but maybe next time!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Popped in,last minute on Saturday evening with a girlfriend, for a drink and meal.It's my local and never disappoints.Ladies nights, special evenings and the quiz are all worth visiting for!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I came here for a meal with my boyfriend- amazing menu; plenty of choice, (i had the chicken kiev & he had the lasagna- definitely recommend both!!) a real cosy and friendly atmosphere, absolutely loved it! Coming back with the whole family next time... :)

Reviewed March 19, 2013

The George and Dragon is a village pub just off the M40 at Banbury serving home cooked food well served in small dinning rooms. I had a share platter of oven baked camembert cheese and olive bread followed by liver and bacon. Both were delicious, the liver still a little pink just as I like it. As we were a family birthday party numbering 8 diners we tried almost everything on the menu and it was all excellent. I will be back as the pub is not far from where my son lives. Cheekily we had taken a birthday cake with us and the staff were kind enough to parade it in with a happy birthday and provide plates etc from our brought in dessert!