“Restaurante da Adraga”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Wonderful seafood. Excellent service. Beautiful view across the Atlantic.
It is my local restaurant and I'm sure I'll be a fequent visitor.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

This is a family favourite. We've been going there for the last seven years and it has 'must-do' status whenever we have visitors from out of town.

The fare is fresh and simple and no frills, drawing local clientele from as far as Lisbon at weekends. We long ago stopped ordering from the menu and leave it to George the owner to prepare whatever is the best available on the day. He never disappoints.

The restaurant is located at Praia Adraga, just outside the small town of Almoçageme, near Sintra. (The beach is regularly voted on of Portugal's - and Europe's - best and it's unusual cave features has been featured in several TV and print ads.)

1  Thank Msafiri50
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I dont agree at all with giving a one star rating to this restaurant. This is not meant to be a luxury restaurant. It is just that sort of restaurant that you long to find after a calm summer day at the beach, with excellent portuguese food and to enjoy with a couple of friends. This is not a birthday party sort of restaurant. If you choose a week day, you will find if very calm, a bit noisy if you go at the rush hours, but you always may order a table outside, when you are lucky enough to have quiet warm not windy end of the day. I usually make a reservation first, choosing my preferences, and I have always found very welcoming staff. It's the portuguese grill fish at its best. Try the "percebes" and the "pregado", you'll never find better, at least for this price (meals around 30-40 euros per person, with a good wine - try a Alentejo cold white wine. Its perfect).

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I was so disappointed to read the last review that I had to add my own, even though I'm hesitant to share my own favorite spot... it's getting more crowded by the day! We have never had a poor or overpriced meal at Adraga. The staff has been warm and welcoming, and plenty of the servers have a decent amount of English, if you need to clarify prices on food or wine. They have the freshest seafood and an idyllic setting. My 84-yr-old mom visited from CA and we had to take her back twice -- it's her her new, most favorite! Parking is convenient, and there are only a couple steps to maneuver for those with mobility issues. We have been many times when it is completely full and haven't had problems conversing over meals due to noise. It's such a pleasure to see whole families dining with children and grandparents together in this place -- the sounds are joyful! The robalo and other fish are brought to your table to select from. The clams and shrimp are cooked perfectly and so yummy. Don't expect crazy, creative menu offerings, just fresh seafood at its finest in a completely gorgeous setting.

1  Thank LifeisaFeast
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Visited this restaurant last night with 7 members of my family to celebrate my birthday. Place is exceptionally noisy, chairs are hard and uncomfortable, fish was nice but garnish and vegetables were inedible and lamb chops also inedible. Be very careful when ordering wine, our server had poor English and as a result we incorrectly ordered a bottle of wine we thought cost €16 but when the bill came, to our horror it cost €120!! Need I say more.

2  Thank nappies