All reviews old house moorish castle wing mirrors olde worlde lush gardens french doors step back in time rooms are large wooden floors heating system walk into town great pool unique hotel buffet style beautiful terrace tasty breakfast railway station
Selected filters
Reviewed April 18, 2019

The location is great for exploring the area with the bus stop right outside the gate. We were also able to walk into town pretty easily and its also within walking distance of the city park which has beautiful grounds.

Staff were very nice and breakfast was filling. It would have been nice to have hard boiled eggs available as this seems to be common on buffets like this. You could get eggs for an extra cost but we did not. Also one day there was a large bowl of plain yogurt and the next day it was the little containers from the grocery store. The bread and jam were wonderful.

The rooms are very dated but clean. The towels were scratchy, I mean painful to use. The bed duvets were twin even though we had a double bed so my husband and I had to sleep under separate blankets.

The reception staff were so helpful with how to get around to the palaces and where to eat dinner - all great suggestions! We cannot wait to go back when the weather is warmer and we could enjoy the garden and patio.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2019

Lovely old mansion house. Breakfast (buffet style) was good. Rooms were spacious. Because it is an old house the wooden floors were a bit creaky, you could hear people talking in the hallway and locking/unlocking room doors was quite noisy. The good thing about this hotel was the parking (limited places) in the courtyard. It was safe and off the street. Location was about 10 minutes walk into town. Because of the weather (rain, wind and only around 13 degrees Celsius), we didn't stroll through the garden. The swimming pool and terrace looked lovely mind you.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2019 via mobile

Had an enjoyable 2 night stay here. Grounds were beautiful. Was lovely to sit on the back deck and enjoy a glass of wine after spending the day touring the Palace/Castles. Large room, Bed was comfortable, breakfast was basic but good. Reception hosts were very nice and helpful - answered all my questions. Would definitely stay here again if back in the area.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2018

Stuff was good, give you map and give you lot of informations about Sintra. Bus is near from hotel, parking without trouble, but only for few cars. Breakfast was good,but maybe in future can be more things on table, but I was satisfied with breakfast. Dinner and wine,was good too. In room I had second heating system, so, temperature was good in room.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 17, 2018

This might actually by my favourite hotel. It was so, so special in every way. Its hard to explain, but I felt like I was transported to another time. The hotel itself is a gorgeous building with comfortable furnishings, the service was great as well. What really made the hotel special was the grounds and surrounding area. It is in a fairy-tale like setting on the side of the hill with beautiful, lush gardens that you can spend all day exploring. I honestly would go back to Sintra just to stay here again. I can't believe how affordable it was. I have stayed at hotels literally 10 times the price that in no way offered this level of charm, comfort and relaxation.

Date of stay: November 2018