“Enter open minded and you woun't regret it”
Review of Soul Food - CLOSED

Soul Food
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Entered after returning from the castles to train station, attracted by the fact that was vegetarian and called "Soul Food" :). Honestly, I don't remind of being so relaxed in a restaurant even tho the place isn't a "proper" restaurant because you get a daily choice - entries, soup, main course and desert (which were very good for my tasting) and thats it. As previous reviewers said, the place looks like a 60-70's hippy meeting house and the atmosphere is very pleasant and relaxing all you got to do is enter with open mind and enjoy it.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stumbled upon this hidden gem when coming back from Sintra Castle. I was hoping to find a restaurant that served vegetarian food, but this was even better as it was a vegetarian restaurant. It has a very hippie and laid back feel and it is nicely tucked away from all the tourists and attractions. I enjoyed a fresh juice and the daily lunch special. The price was very good and the food was amazing! It is very healthy and wholesome, I highly recommend it!!

1  Thank travelingtalia
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We loved our lunch at Soul Food! My not-vegetarian boyfriend could not believe how a vegan meal left him so satisfied. We had a complete menu consisting of a sopa, a main plate of vegetable stew and brown rice, a dessert and a natural juice. The sopa was tasty and just spicy enough, the main plate was very good and the desserts (chocolate cake and pumpkin pie) were outstanding! We also tried a very good Bali coffee. The guy who served us was very kind and we had a lovely chat with him. The place is very artsy and has a hippy vibe to it.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

After travelling for weeks in decidedly non-vegetarian countries, it was wonderful to stumble across this restaurant on the walk into the main attractions in Sintra. It has a very rustic, laid back, hippy vibe and is tucked away from the throngs of noisy tourists. We had the set menu which included zucchini soup, puréed lentils, tofu and veggies, salad, rice and a choice of desert (I had an amazing chocolate cake). The food was delicious and a nice change from the limited vegetarian/vegan options I've encountered in my travels. Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

This is a humble restaurant that has the most delicious food I have had on my entire trip through Portugal thus far.
It is vegetarian, and soooo delicious. If you like good old wholesome cooking of beans, rice, tofu, vegetables, then you are in for a treat! Very yummy.
Find this place! You will not be sorry.

1  Thank Babs073