“Busiest place in a quiet section of town.”

Cantinho de Sao Pedro
Ranked #30 of 260 Restaurants in Sintra
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
london
“Busiest place in a quiet section of town.”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We were recommended to go here by our host - and it was good. All the other restaurants nearby here were closed but it didn't feel like a last resort to go here. Locals came a little later and the atmosphere was nice. Food and service all above average and the staff were friendly, the wine kept us happy. We only stayed a couple of nights in Sintra and this was the better of the two.

• Visited June 2014

• Greek first
London, United Kingdom
“Good food by the market in Sintra”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We were recommended this restaurant by our driver on a Sunday visit to Sintra. After walking through the buzzing market, we had a delicious meal, with very generous portions. I am not a meat eater, but my fish was grilled to perfection. The goat dish was delicious according to the meat eaters in my group and is only served on weekends. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Superb food in excellent setting”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

This restaurant is well worth a visit if you are in the beautiful picturesque area of Sintra. The food and service are excellent as are the wines. Well worth a visit!

• Visited February 2014
Victoria, Texas
“Good food.”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

On the platos de dia, my husband had the cod fish gratin and I had the veal steak in a cream sauce. The steak had a good flavor but a lot of gristle. The steak was cooked perfectly for me (medium rare). The cod was very strong, but good. The atmosphere was enhanced by the families with young children and their interaction with the staff. It seemed like the kind of place you could sit and talk and drink all day. The service was good. The price for these two plates with the bread/olives/cheese was 42 Euros. A little high in my opinion.

• Visited February 2014
Groningen, The Netherlands
“Superdeliciosus food and wine”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We have chosen to eat here cause its on the way from Sintra to Lisboa. I think its impossible to be disappointed with this restaurant if you are ordering platos de dia - meals of the day. I had lombo de porco con castanhes - amazing pork in chestnut sauce and with chestnuts themselves served with fries, and my husband had crepes filed with crab with rice served with tomato sauce. We were enjoying every bite of it, it waas literally melting on our tongues. With crab dish we were adviced to try the vinho verde - Muralhas de Moncao, it was simply amazing. We visited on friday 6th december and apart from us there were two local families eating there which is in my opinion always the best recommendation.
Also its very romantic since there is a fireplace there by which u can sit:)

• Visited December 2013