“Charming Casa”
Review of Casa Miradouro

Casa Miradouro
Ranked #7 of 43 Sintra B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Absolutely charming. No TV and that is what you want in a place like this... It allows you to focus on the beautiful scenery that you can enjoy from the nice terrasse...We were welcomed with a glass of Porto and the Bar in the living room of the Casa is open and operates on the "honour system"... This to me is a simple example of trust and good manners. Breakfast was served later than my morning engagements (combining work and pleasure), but the staff adjusted to my schedule... and the food was perfect. PP Beland, Canada

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 20, 2013

My family and I spent three nights here over New Year's Eve. What a wonderful, charming, friendly place to stay (the hosts even invited us to celebrate New Year's Eve with them)! Comfortable rooms, honor wine/booze bar, Nespresso pot for coffee in the lounge area, computer for guest use, plus a used book exchange, all combined for a welcoming stay. And we all agreed the breakfast was the best we found on our 10 day trip. Yes, it's quite a steep hike into town so it is not suitable for the infirm but we enjoyed the exercise.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Two years ago I stayed with my boyfriend at this lovely place. 2 years and a toddler later we stayed here again. Once more we enjoyed our stay. The house and rooms are beautiful, breakfast is a delight, and the staff very helpful and always friendly.
On New Year's eve the hostess even invited us and all other guests to some bubbles and fingerfood which was lovely and made us feel like home.
Sintra remains a treasure and surprises me over and over again. I can highly recommend to go and visit the city when in Portugal. And when in doubt where to stay...choose Casa Miradouro!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Very welcoming, beautifully furnished rooms in an old house with great views and an excellent breakfast. As it was just before Christmas, there were also lovely Christmas decorations throughout the public lounge and the bedrooms. Only drawback to be aware of is that it's a longish and very uphill walk up to the town centre. I would certainly choose to stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2013

A beautifully restored 19th century manor house, with just 8 rooms and very elegant and confy living rooms. A full bar and Nespresso coffee machines so that you can help yourself.
Although the house is in a very quiet lane, you are really close to Sintra's town centre (walk up the lane and you will find yourself in Palácio Real). The lane is a bit steep - but so is all of Sintra.
For those who prefer small charming hotels, where you can feel at home - this is the place. Small and cosy but with all that you need.
The breakfast room is lovely.
The view is beautiful.

Travelling with a one year old child is sometimes difficult - You need access to a kitchen (fridge & microwave oven) - something that is not easy in a big hotel. Or else you have to pay extra for a suite with a kitchenette. They gave me access to the kitchen for these baby issues.

Imagine this was a chain hotel (thank God it's not): I would stay in this chain wherever I'd travel in the world.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed 2 nights here after 4 busy days sight seeing in Lisbon. This place was absolutely delightful. Charlotte, the host, made us feel instantly welcome, offering good tips on the best non-touristy restaurants, and how to get around the town - with a welcoming glass of port each!

The room was beautiful - spacious, comfortable, luxurious with wonderful views across the hills.

Breakfast (served out on the patio) was excellent.

We enjoyed the place so much we spent half of our time in Sintra just relaxing in the hotel itself!

I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IanW_Ealing
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We spent two weeks in Portugal last fall, spending time in Lisboa, Sintra, & Cascais. Portugal is a lovely country with wonderful people, and we couldn't have had a better vacation.
Sintra was, however, the highlight of our trip, and the three nights we stayed in Casa Mirodouro were absolute heaven!!
The house was bright and airy, the breakfast room was just beautiful, and the back garden was a lovely place to spend an evening enjoying the bottle of port we bought in town.
Our room was simply perfect. Sunlit, airy, spotlessly clean, and with a beautiful & *incredibly* comfortable four poster bed with luxurious linens. I can't stress enough how fabulous this bed was! I thought our bed at home was outstanding until I spent time in the Casa's!!
Our bathroom was spotless, spacious, and modern. The shower was a vacation unto itself.
...and then, of course, our balcony overlooking the valley behind the house was exceptional...
All of this plus the sweetest, nicest, most helpful girls that worked there. I think the were three of them (I'm forgetting because it was a year ago now...there may have only been two). They gave exceptionally outstanding service. They remembered that I'm vegetarian and had our favorites and dislikes down to a tee; we never wanted for anything at all and they anticipated our wants and needs perfectly.
Like the bed, I *cannot* overstate the impeccable service.

I know I used a lot of superlatives in this review, but they are all well deserved. I'm fortunate to be a frequent leisure traveler, and have stayed in some very nice places indeed...and I would rate Casa Mirodouro as easily as good an experience as I've ever had. Truly a five star establishment.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple