Tivoli Palacio de Seteais
$109
$104
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Lisboa Sintra(Sintra)(Great Value!)
$72
$321
$295
  • Restaurant
Pestana Sintra Golf(Sintra)(Great Value!)
$112
$101
Pestana Hotel Group
$112
$90
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Nova Sintra(Sintra)(Great Value!)
$104
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Sintra Jardim(Sintra)(Great Value!)
$87
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
1,219 results
All reviewsbeautiful hotelreal palacetennis courtsold palaceluxury hotellike royaltypublic roomsold worldport winethe atlantic oceanpastriesfairy talea wonderful staymoorish castlepalaciotivoliportugal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This hotel is beautiful. Our room was elegant with a view of their gardens. A welcome gift of port and desserts was waiting in our room upon arrival. The staff was wonderful with providing maps and advice on how to reach certain destinations. Breakfast was an enormous spread of anything you could want. It is a bit of a walk to the center of town -- but not a big issue.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AmsTravels14
PedroFrazao_GM, General Manager at Tivoli Palacio de Seteais, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking time to share your opinion about Tivoli Palácio de Seteais located on the hills of Sintra, UNESCO World Heritage town, with lovely views to the Pena Palace and Moorish Castle. It is a pleasure for us to provide a warm welcoming with excellence service standards and to provide you the opportunity to enjoy the amazing nature of this region, or a pleasant walk to the village, one of the most picturesque in Portugal.
General Manager of the Tivoli Palácio de Seteais

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Palacio de Seteais has everything going for it - a beautiful historic building just outside a historic town in glorious surroundings. Inside the state of the decoration of the public rooms is exceptional - we were told that the decor was original, though restored.

Staying there as we did in February, it sometimes seemed that we were the only guests. But every member of staff went out of their way to help and be hospitable - the receptionists (all spoke perfect English), the waiters, the bar staff etc.

Our comfortable double room at the front of the hotel had a view of the both the Pena Palace and the Castelo de Mouros (unluckily for us that view was often obscured by low cloud) and overlooked lawn and formal gardens.

One or two minor grumbles - our double bed was maybe a bit narrow, the shower over the bath was less than perfect and in a hotel of this class it is wrong for wifi not to be free to all guests (my access was free, being a Tivoli Gold member, but my wife would have had to pay had a receptionist not taken pity).

The buffet breakfast was good with plates and plates of fresh fruit, choices of breads, cold meats, cheeses etc. Coffee was good. The hot choices under serving covers (the usual scrambled egg, bacon and so on) were OK - a pity though that individual choices of cooked breakfast were not offered).

The dinners were very good with a long selection of typical Portuguese dishes available and a wide choice of good Portuguese wines.

A most enjoyable three night stay

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing with us your experience of staying at the Tivoli Palácio de Seteais.
We were glad to know that you liked our rooms, decorated with magnificent paintings, tapestries and frescos of rare beauty. We are also very pleased that you enjoyed our Hotel and surrounding gardens, a former XVIII Century Palace, totally refurbished in 2008, located on the hills of Sintra, UNESCO World Heritage town.
We were happy to hear that you liked the Seteais Restaurant menu, service and breakfast, which can be enjoyed in a romantic and stylish atmosphere.
I will pass on to our team, your satisfaction with the service, with the assurance that it will help to maintain the motivation and commitment of all who are part of the Hotel Staff.
General Manager of the Tivoli Palácio de Seteais
Palácio de Seteais

Reviewed February 5, 2014

This is an exceptional building in an exceptional place! The price was really fair. The breakfast is a must and the service is very friendly! The rooms are really good and comfortable. Only one small negative comment: if you looked closer to the skirting boards, you could see that the painting had been done quickly and without care, what is a pity for such a place.This is definitely a place to consider if you want to visit and stay in Sintra.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jorge_Karlsruhe
PedroFrazao_GM, General Manager at Tivoli Palacio de Seteais, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2016

Reviewed February 1, 2014

This is a beautiful old palace converted into a reasonably priced hotel. Yes, it has got some peeling paint and needs refurbishment, but its a piece of history, with lovely antiques and stunning views. The restaurant is very good and you can also book for the 2 Michelin stars for EU165 per person (excluding wine). The rooms are well appointed and the linens are classic, with crisp cotton sheets and hand embroidered white duvets. Parking is free. I'm so glad I got to stay here!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank nwmouse

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I stayed at Tivoli Palacio de Seteais in November 2013 and I paid 160 euros for a single room.

As you can see from any of the travelers' photos, the hotel is gorgeous and the property big. By any standard this is a 5-star facility. However there are still a couple things that got on my nerves.

First of all, the room is nothing like the pictures posted on the major hotel booking websites. Don't get me wrong, the room is nice and comfortable, but much smaller and just not as fancy. It was so different that I had to ask the bell boy if this is the room that I had booked online. "Yes, ma'am, this is the Collection single room." Later I checked the website again and found out they were using the same round of photos for single, double or whatever rooms. Nobody likes to be misled. I definitely don't.

Then they have to charge 15 euros for wi-fi. I believe free wi-fi is pretty much the norm for hotels and B&Bs these days. On this trip to Portugal, I stayed at 8 different hotels between Porto, Lisbon and Sintra, and Tivoli Palacio de Seteais was the only one that asked for a surcharge on wi-fi. Luckily I purchased a sim card upon arriving Portugal at the airport's Vodafone counter. I just bought the cheapest data plan for 15 euros and I still haven't run out at the end of my 9-day trip. I would recommend any out-of-the-country travelers to do the same. Sintra, as beautiful as it is, is quite rural. Sites and shops close early and after dinner, you would be sitting idly in your room and have this sudden urge to check emails or surf the net.

Now that I got the bad things off my system, I should mention what impressed me. I really appreciate the tray of food and drinks they had put in my room when I checked in. I wasn't hungry or anything but It's the thought that counts. I got a feeling that maybe some big shots at the far away headquarter have a strict policy on wi-fi surcharge or what-not, but the people managing the hotel on location are working hard to please the customers and don't mind taking the extra steps. A small tray of food and drink with a welcome note awaiting the arriving guests is a really nice touch.

Then the breakfast buffet was amazing. Not just the quality, quantity and variety of food, but the fruit juices, the bakery, even the condiments were impressive. The dining room was beautiful, the service was great, just love everything about the breakfast experience.

I also wandered around the hotel and took a lot of pictures. This is an old building so the layout is a little unexpected. Exploring the hotel inside and out was a joy.

Room Tip: Buy a local sim card to avoid the hotel's wi-fi surcharge.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank MissHo
TivoliHotelsResorts, Gerente geral at Tivoli Palacio de Seteais, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear guest
Thank you for sharing your experience at Tivoli Palácio de Seteais. Your opinion is very important to us.
Your room was a Collection Room, with a very nice view over the Sintra Mountains and to the sea. In the Tivoli Palácio de Seteais, all rooms are different. The hotel is a XVIII palace, which used to be a private home. Because of that, the room sizes can vary from 16m2 to 24m2, but have equal facilities, such as: Double or Twin T/Beds, LCD television, Tivoli Collection toiletries and bathrobes and coffee making facilities in the room. Please accept our apologies if the room did not live up to your expectation. Unfortunately, we weren't unable to switch to a different one, because the hotel was fully booked.
About wi-fi internet, we would like to invite you to sign up to our free loyalty programme - GHA Discovery - you have free high speed WIFI internet in every Tivoli Hotel & Resort and, indeed, in over 350 GHA Discovery hotels around the world. The programme also offers perks such as a newspaper of your choice during your stay, and mineral water on arrival. Sign up now and enjoy these benefits on your next stay.
We are very glad to know that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and appreciated the VIP tray of food that we put, in your room, on arrival. In the Tivoli Palácio de Seteais, we like to provide our guests an unique experience, and introduce the Portuguese typical flavors and traditions .
For any other questions please contact me by email joao.cortereal@tivolihotels.com
Best regards