“Beautiful setting, very polite, sophisticated and affordable”

Lawrence's Hotel Restaurant
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
Lawrence's Hotel Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 276 Restaurants in Sintra
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2012

This place is tucked away in a staircase on the street that leaves Sintra towards the catsles, has a wonderful terrace and garden outside the actual restaurant, serving snacks as well as gastronomic food, an ideal place to breath and relax after visiting Sintra's catsles and garden attractions

Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

We went to eat at the Lawrence's Hotel Restaurant because other places were closed on a monday evening. I'm afraid the food was bad and pricy. The service was too intensive: they kept pouring the wine as if they wanted us to finish the bottle and just go home.
We felt like having a fancy dinner on our last night in Portugal, but ended up not enjoying ourselves :-(

Reviewed April 29, 2012

We went two families, 8 people in total anyd were treated kindly and very welcoming even if we hadnt reserved a table in advance. The food was excellent, the wine accordingly. The children had their best orangejuice ever.
Go there! And dont miss the chocolatecake for dessert- never ever tasted a better chocolatecake!

Reviewed April 8, 2012

First of all, the restaurant felt pretty sad: we were the only guests there on Easter weekend. Still, seeing the relatively encouraging reviews here, we though the food would compensate for the atmosphere. I ordered the duck (one TripAdvisor reviewer recommended it warmly) which turned out to be hugely disappointing:
- 5 small slices of absolutely overcooked duck
- A side of Rosti which probably was made (i.e. cooked) over a week before. I couldn't even cut it with my knife.
- Some carrots and zucchini slices boiled in water without seasoning
- The whole thing covered by what would be best described as a mix of sugar and red wine

That dish cost me 19€ which by Portuguese standard is pretty expensive. Myself and my husband paid 48€ in total (my dish + my wife's + water + a 5€ piece of bread with butter) which for the quality is an absolute rip-off.

The only highlight was the very kind staff. Too bad they have such a horrendous chef.

2  Thank ArnaudBertrand
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We've stayed at Lawrence's before and I would highly recommend this hotel, the oldest on the Iberian Peninsula, and supposedly, the second-oldest in the world. Obviously, it has been brought up to modern standards. The restaurant in the hotel is fabulous and is well worth a visit even if you are not staying at the hotel.