“Sintra e-bike day tour - brilliant!”

Cycling Rentals & Tours
Ranked #1 of 4 Food & Drink in Sintra
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us on a guided or self guided day trip through beautiful Sintra or try our Hassle Free Bike Hire and equipment rental service anywhere in Spain or Portugal. We also offer bespoke self guided Cycling holidays and we are Camino Cycling Specialists offering a range of Camino tour packs and services to take you on your journey to Santiago.
Lisbon, Portugal
“Sintra e-bike day tour - brilliant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

A great experience! The e-bikes even allowed someone as cronically unfit as myself to breeze across the sintra hills with no noise, no fumes, and no sweat

Visited April 2013

Lisbon, Portugal
“No Sweat Sintra E-Bike day trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Firstly, the bikes - they were an absolute revelation!! It was the first time I had used an electric bike, and I was seriously impressed. They glide uphill with no effort whatsoever; the gentlest push and the bike the does all the work. My legs felt as though I had been cycling on the flat, even when the amazing mountain-top views suggested otherwise: We gained a lot of height during the ride, and went up some hills which would normally have killed me, literally without breaking in to a sweat. The bikes are also very silent and discreet - I think most observers didn't realise we were on electric bikes, and we got some stunned looks from puffing walkers, and other cyclists dismounted and hauling their bikes in hand uphill.

Secondly, the circuit was lovely. We did the larger loop, which was very easy to do in the time allocated (4 hours), even with plenty of stops for drinks and photos. The ride took in some dramatic views down to the sea, and passed many amazing old quintas, as well as great views of the castle and palace in Sintra. It was simply beautiful, and with spring sunshine, flowers coming out, and the smell of greenery in the air, it was the perfect time of year for the trip too.

Finally, the organisation was amazing. Cycling Rentals were very well organised, and checked all the bikes and equipment before we set off, offering bike bags for example to anyone who didn't have one. They were very attentive to detail, very caring towards the group, and really instilled confidence. Martin, leading the trip, was a fount of knowledge about the area, and his boundless enthusiasm and open demeanour really helped make the ride enjoyable and fun.

I would highly recommend this trip to anyone who wants to take in the splendour of Sintra without half killing themselves in the process!

Visited March 2013
Cycling-Rentals, Manager at Cycling Rentals & Tours, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Hi Roving Reporter, thank you for taking the time to write such an in depth review! I am delighted that you enjoy the ride and chose to spread the word here. The E Bike are a faily new project for us and so we are always looking to improve. Thanks again and come back soon! Ride safe, Martin
Stavanger, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“THANK YOU for such a great day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful day with Goncalo. We took the train into Sintra from Lisbon and were picked up and brought to the shop where we were able to leave our things for the day. We stopped to see and walk through the Capuchos Convent, Cape Roca and many others over about 5 hours plus. We had a great variety of biking types. We had to stay on the road for parts, but had great mountain bike adventures off-roading as well (lots of mud!). VERY hilly, so it is not for the weary. THANK YOU again for the great day and extra help in getting our rental and making our way to our place to stay for the night.

Visited March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us up here. We are very happy you had a great day out, we will let Gonçalo know you got in touch. All the best,
Falun, Sweden
“Couldn't fault a thing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I was travelling to Coimbra for work and asked for advice on if I should rent a mountain or race bike. Given the time of year and the ease of finding routes, it was suggested that I rent a race bike. It was delivered to the hotel, no problems, great bike, all the accessories which made it much easier to travel. Had a great time exploring the hills and villages after work each evening. My first experience of renting a bike for doing some training, living in Scandanavia being able to escape for a week and get some training time in seems a hassle, but with these guys it was not a hassle at all!

Visited February 2013
Oslo, Oslo, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

I arrived on a public holiday, and I was the only customer, but the manager showed up only for me, prepared my bike and gave me a very instructive map with sights to see, restaurants and everything. The round trip from Sintra through the nature reserve to Cabo da Roca was scenic. The only time I lost my way was when I became over-confident and did not consult the map ... When arriving back at dusk, the manager phoned me, worried that I was lost. He picked up the bike at the train station. Recommended to everyone! I only wished I had more days to bike and see Sintra, because I only skimmed the surface of what the town has to offer. Will be back!

Visited October 2012