“Excelent Food!”

GSpot Gastronomia
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Small restaurant, young team of passionate people about food and wine. We offer some traditional Portuguese tidbits, a dynamic Tasting Menu changing monthly, and a selection of tasty, comfort food, aiming to please varied expectations. Nice Portuguese wine selection, and a really sought after dessert wine list.
Porto, Portugal
“Excelent Food!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We were there for lunch, so a limited menu was available. However, we had a starter, two mains and a salad. It was simply superb!
The only thing was that only one desert was available, and I am alergic to chocolate ... so no desert for me.
The service was 5* and the salmon salad to die for.
It is very small, so a limited number of tables. Maybe is better to make a reservation.

• Visited January 2013

Sintra
“Auteur food in a nice cozy place”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Run by young cooks this restaurant offers you distinctive and original food, with a very good presentation and serve with professionalism.
Try it if you want a different place to have dinner or if you want to try a different approach to portuguese food.
Fantastic menu and desserts and the price is not too expensive.
Don´t forget to book as the room is on the small side.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Polskiman
Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Upscale Sintra”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Very good food very small inside. Might want reservations for lunch or supper. Pricey compared to many others in Sintra but food commands it. Good wine list, friendly and efficient staff.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Oenedgar
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Perfect meal”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I booked this restaurant before we left for our holiday and i am so glad I did. My hubby wasn't too sure when we arrived in Sintra as our guesthouse host didn't know of the restaurant. I convinced him it would be worth a try and boy was I proved right.
I was a little undecided on choosing the set menu as it included a rice dish - not my favourite, but every other course was something I would enjoy and so we went with it as it made a 5 course meal more affordable, 35 euros per head. We started with an amuse bouche of 2 different dishes - egg and spicy sausage and smoked salmon, both very tasty. A green soup followed, beautifully presented with a foam topping - again very tasty. The rice dish was next; rice and dogfish, I was converted! The combination of taste and texture was unbelievable. It was almost like a Thai green curry but in a soup form. The flavours were fresh and blended together superbly. I didn't think it could be followed - but it could, by duck with spinach, hmm, hmm. The finishing touch of a deconstructed mille feuille was a masterpiece, not too much but enough to leave a sweet, delicious feeling around your mouth.
We both agreed that this was a meal that could, maybe, be equalled but could not be surpassed. The flavours, textures and presentation were second to none - Perfect!

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank janetsouthoe
Nashua
“Best place to eat in Sintra!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great food and wine. Very relaxed atmosphere where you are encouraged to take your time and enjoy. limited menu but all four of us had different dishes and they were all delicious. They have a fantastic sommelier (take his suggestions), Make a reservation as
it is very small.