“Excellent restaurant with great service”
Review of Tacho Real

Tacho Real
Reserve with
Tacho Real is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 275 Restaurants in Sintra
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2013

While at first glance this restaurant may seem a little old-fashioned, in fact it serves excellent food and has fantastic friendly service.

There are newer reviews for Tacho Real

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Quite disappointed in the food here. Attractive location in mid-Sintra's winding alleys. Might look real find, but our onion soup was tasteless gloop served at magma-like temperatures; vegetables dull and poorly presented; salmon and lamb just average, not much cheffery going on and the sweet trolley containing local puddings; the one I tried, walnut cake, tasted like ground sawdust, dry and unaccompanied by ice-creamor custard. Makes the Sintra Boutique Hotel's restaurant taste like Raymond Blanc's.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I visited twice (once with business colleagues). Nice decor, very friendly, professional and multi-lingual service. Food and wine was excellent and remarkable value. I'd highly recommend the steak, which was by far the best I've ever eaten.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I wasn't blown over by this place, after reading the great reviews. The food was good, though I forget even what I had. I know it was fish. We sat outside, which I found a little uncomfortable due to the sloping terrain and the party behind us chain smoking. The service was...confused. Overall, I just wasn't left with a fantastic impression. Average seems to sum it up.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Loved the duck with chocolate sauce. It was like a mole sauce but much better--bittersweet, not bitter, and the duck was oh so tender. We sat outside and enjoyed a lovely dinner.