“Quite disappointing”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Montréal, Québec
“Quite disappointing”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We walked a good 30-minute from our hotel in the center of Sintra to get to this restaurant, based on comments we had read on TripAdvisor and elsewhere. We were quite disappointed. First, the restaurant is located very close to the train station, in an uninteresting neighbourhood. Second, there was a large screen TV behind the bar, which we totally dislike. Third, the menu was not very appealing. We started with a very bland salad, covered in commercial dressing. I ordered swordfish, specifically asked if it had bones, was told it did not, but I ended up fighting with lots of small bones, which was quite unpleasant. Service was not very good. We would definitely not recommend this restaurant.

• Visited September 2013

• Korean first
Salema, Portugal
“Traditional food,ambiance and good pricing”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Nothing but praise I have for this restaurant it is a bit hard to find in a small side street near the station

We had quails for starter my friends had javeli (wild boar) and I had the chance to taste the dobrada a tripe dish with white beans, real Porto style not for the novice but very good for a cold winter's day
Prices very reasonable, impeccable service alas could not sample the wine as we had to drive after the lunch.

Note to self : must come again and sample their wines

• Visited November 2013
Budapest
“Excellent fish, traditional cozido”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Following the many recommendations from TA we went out of our way (literally) to find this traditional Portuguese restaurant, a good 10-15 minutes’ walk from the National Palace of Sintra. Simple but friendly décor, good service. I had the garoupa (a kind of sea bass or grouper) which was superb, my wife had the cozido (cooked meat with boiled vegetables) which was all right but not outstanding. The waiter recommended a white wine from the Douro region (Planalto 2012, Casa da Ferreirinha) which was excellent. Very good restaurant, worth the extra mile.

• Visited October 2013
Carson City, Nevada
“Delicious”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This appears to be a family run restaurant that is a local favorite. Smaller in size it allows the attentive staff to stay on top of their guests needs. The food is delicious and reasonable in price. I had the house specialty; squid, shrimp and ham. It was great. My wife had the seafood in rice and it was delicious. If I lived in Sintra, I would have my own table here.

• Visited October 2013
Yorkshire, UK
“traditional local restaurant”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Traditional local restaurant away from the tourist trail but well worth the effort of seeking it out. Very good service, delicious prawns with rice. Local customers in and out , friendly atmosphere, quality food at reasonable prices.

• Visited September 2013