“First Class Food and Service”
Review of Cafe de Paris

Cafe de Paris
Ranked #50 of 278 Restaurants in Sintra
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: "Café de Paris" is the most romantic Restaurant in Sintra, situated at the Historical Center of "the World Heritage Town": Sintra, in front of the National Palace and it is an obligation stop for those visiting Sintra! We serve international and Regional Cuisine and are opened from 9 a.m. until 10 p.m.
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Really a cut above. Excellent food and smart on the ball service. The venue is relaxed and perfect for all weathers. Romantic.

Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Over priced. They serve you bread, olives and cheese just like many other places except they charge you a fortune for it.

For 2 of us on a budget we were shocked when we received a 50 Euro bill. We only ordered: soup, some bread, tortellini and 1 drink each.

Eat somewhere else.

1  Thank nicolel25
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We really should have known better than too eat here when we were given 2 sets of dirty cutlery but we had placed our order and were already eating the olives.The food is ridiculously overpriced, you are charged individualy for each roll and butter pat, olives and cheese, service was poor and got quite unpleasant when we asked for clean cutlery for the second time, our pasta arrived before the bread or water and was one of the worst dishes I have had, totaly tasteless and gluey, I left it all ,know one cared to ask why, it cost 15euros a small water was 4 euros it was the type they sell in lidl for a few cents - dont make the same mistake we did DO NOT GO HERE!

Reviewed July 7, 2012

I stopped here to have lunch from the set menu which was around €14 and then ordered 2 sodas. I was beyond shocked when I received a bill for around €36. The server (who's service was probably the worst I received the entire time I was in Portugal) brought me a little plate with bread, butter, cheese and olives without me asking. I wasn't aware that these were a separate charge: €1.80 for a bun, €1.20 for a single pat of butter??? €3.50 for olives, €6.50 for cheese that I didn't even eat, and €8,00 for 2 sodas. I eat in fine dining restaurants often and have no problem paying for it when the food and service is worth it, but this was the biggest rip off I've experienced on a vacation. What bothers me most is that from the number of people that complain about these charges to their bill, you would think they would inform customers about the extra charge, and decide not to which to me is very decietful. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE!!!!!!

1  Thank doc111872
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We had a group of 9 family members, and this looked like a very nice place, right in the middle of the Sintra tourist attractions, something that should've served as as warning for what was to come. After ordering from the menu, they served us some cheese, bread with butter and some olives, all without asking for it, so we thought it was included in the pricey menu. Not only was the food average and in some cases rather bland, but the real surprise was when they brought us the bill. We were being charged €39 for bread, €12 for cheese, €8 for olives, and €8 for butter, for a total of €67, all for stuff we never ordered, and that we hardly touched. After speaking with the manager, they discounted €18 from the bill, and we were supposed to feel like they were doing us a favor.

Beware, this is a tourist trap of the worst kind! Stay away from this place, there are much better places in Sintra.

2  Thank Fernando S