“No tuna and pack of lies”
Review of Sinal Vermelho

Sinal Vermelho
Ranked #353 of 4,454 Restaurants in Lisbon
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bairro Alto, Bica & Cais do Sodre
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Lovely location and ambiance.

My wife's meal was excellent. I ordered tuna, only to be told that the chef hadn't turned up and he had the key and only he could cut the loin of tuna. So I had deep fried green beans with rice.

Nice dessert and wine.

No reduction or offer of free meal for the obvious rubbish excuse and still came to 50 Euros.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Lively place that filled up completely after 8PM with both locals and tourists. We enjoyed great fish (grilled sardines and dorado) so wonderfully typical of many restaurants throughout Portugal, and good wines.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I visited Sinal with a couple of mates around midnight on a Friday evening and the restaurant was still open and lively. The service was great with the waiters speaking very good English (quite a relief given our limited range of Portuguese). They were also more than happy to make recommendations for wine and food, and even nightclubs to go to following our meal (now that is going the extra mile!).

The food was very impressive. Some simple cheeses and bread to start with accompanied by a very tasty white port wine, with salted cod for the main course. Simply cooked but incredibly tasty and a very large portion. So much so that we couldn’t manage a dessert, but I am sure it would have been just as tasty.

Overall then I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant: the food, service and value were all very good and I would certainly return in the future.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

After a day as tourists in the city, we headed to Sinal Vermelho. It was my first visit, but my friends go there all the time. The place was busy, so we got drinks while waiting some 30 mins for a table outside, as the night was very pleasant. The place is nice, confortable and clean, the staff is very helpful, and the food was really great. Around 30 euros for a meal with drinks and desert, not bad :)
I will definitely return to this restaurant! It really was the best ending for a very funny and cultural day as tourists in our own city.
I returned to Bairro Alto recently, but unfortunately it was closed (Sundays & holydays all day, saturdays & mondays for lunch)

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We came here on the advice of B&B host. The food was delicious and we had to come back a second time. Especially recommend the fish soup and the pork tenderloin medallions. Highly recommended. As with most restaurants in Portugal the starters (bread cheese etc) are optional and you can turn it down (or you will be charged). Highly recommended.