“Cosy Wine Bar Bairro Alto Lisbon”
Review of Lisbon Winery

Lisbon Winery
Reserve a Table
Mon, 7/22
8:00 PM
Ranked #29 of 5,523 Restaurants in Lisbon
Neighborhood: Bairro Alto, Bica & Cais do Sodre
Description: Wine bar and tapas. Taste Portugal with us. Our tastings are famous.
Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

Some effort needed to negotiate the alleyways in the Bairro Alto to find the wine bar but worth the visit.

Excellent host had a good knowledge of their wines and could match the wine to my particular taste.

Platters of cheese and meets were very good, chorizo style sausages with honey topping was excellent.

Check out the old water cistern to collect rainwater. Not used anymore but now contains lost of wine bottle corks.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 4, 2018

The staff are extremely knowledgeable about wines, ports, ad infinitum. In addition to the best 20 year port ever, they have an amazing meat and cheese plate for a very reasonable price that is one of the best ever!!! They also serve beer and some liquor.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 30, 2018

I was dying to do a port tasting while in Lisbon but unfortunately wasn't in our budget. We stopped by anyway to see what we could have by the class - and I'm so glad we did! They have a great range of wines and ports, even if you aren't doing a formal tasting. My order of a pre-dinner class of port seems to have rattled the waiter (surely I wanted wine first?!) but he was really knowledgable and friendly. Would definitely recommend getting a meat platter too - they even had gluten free bread for me!

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

We did a private port tasting to celebrate my wife’s birthday. I emailed back and forth with the owner Alex about port selections and her thoughts. She had a great idea of tasting port from significant years in my wife’s life.
We arrived and were seated inside the 16th century cistern with the glass floor. (It’s amazing that it has stood the tests of time.) We were greeted by Alex and Vasili.
We worked our way through 5 ports from significant years in my wife’s life which were paired with beautifully selected cheeses bread, and chocolates. Each pour came with some background on the wine and some questions and answers. One bottle was even opened using a set of heated port tongs which I’d never witnessed before.
After 2 & 1/2 hours, we were happy we made the right choice for a celebration in Lisbon.
On a side note, the staff had flowers waiting for my wife and walked us to a nearby cab stand since the area was so busy that evening. Little things mean a lot.

Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

Loved the wine, olive oils and cheese and meat platters! Delicious !! Such a fun place to visit in Lisbon