“Great place”

Ranked #3,488 of 4,304 Restaurants in Lisbon
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Baixa, Rossio & Restauradores
Reviewed May 13, 2012

A brilliant cafe to end a great day's site seeing. Recommend their pastel de nata mmmmmmmm!!

There are newer reviews for Pastelaria Suica

Reviewed April 29, 2012

My wife and I popped in on Friday lunch time for a quick snack.The food was not as good as at Brasiliera.The service was a huge disappointment.
The older waiter's attitude was poor and, given the huge choice of alternatives in Lisbon, prompts me to suggest to others they avoid this cafe, despite its prime location.

1  Thank Robin S
Reviewed March 28, 2012

My husband and I ate a quick breakfast here before sightseeing. We entered the restaurant from the Rossio Square entrance and was greeted by the dessert case. The clerk invited us towards the other entrance where the savory pastries more appropriate for breakfast were located. They all looked so delicious! We got four: a spinach pie, bacalaito (a fritter filled with saled cod), chorizo wrapped in bread, and a chicken filled pastry, along with coffee. The spinach pie and bacalaito were stand outs.

It was rather early on a Monday morning, around 8am, so we were the only patrons in the cafe. Staff was very friendly.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Coffee shop on the Praça Dom Pedro with good food but the service was terrible. Waiter, cashier & manager were all rude. Waiter literally tossed the food on the table. I had asked if there was charge for cream (I speak Portuguese) I was told no, but there was £1.75 charge for sweetened whip cream which I could not use. We waited 20 minutes for the bill and the water I had ordered 45 minutes earlier, arrived at the cashiers desk & the manager just ignored the whole scenario. Too bad because we would have gone back for coffee & patstry again.

1  Thank jerseygirl4491
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Famous café, but I prefer more authentic places nearby. Good homemade ice cream that is, like their hot chocolate, not overly sweet.