“A charming place, an outstanding lunch”

Clube de Jornalistas
Ranked #29 of 4,640 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Brazilian, Contemporary, International, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We will be open for dinner on Sunday, the 14th of February.
Reviewed February 21, 2014

My wife and I went to Lisbon to celebrate our fortieth wedding anniversary and we chose Clube de Jornalistas for the great day itself. We couldn't have done better. The food was imaginative and interesting, and the service was wonderful. Highly recommended.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,146)

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We went here on the second night of our stay in Lisbon as we were celebrating and wanted to go somewhere special. We had a fantastic experience at Clube de Journalistas and it is the best way to describe a meal here. Personally I didn't think that it was the best food we had in Lisbon it was good but not great. What made this restaurant stand out was the service which was second to none, the decor and the ambience just added to this and made it a very special night. It is the little touches that make the difference here, a glass of bubbly on arrival, menus in envelopes, careful explanation of menu choices and wine recommendations and a glass of moscatel with desert. I can recommend the sweet things desert which was amazing in terms of taste and presentation.

1  Thank BurgerBoyUK
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Good things come in small packages. That’s how one would describe the Clube de Jornalistas. I had visited this place with my wife on our last vacation at Lisbon. It wasn’t a planned visit but more of a spontaneous one. We were welcomed with a Prosecco in hand and the menu in envelop. We loved the hospitality and attention to finer details. The couple sitting across the next table was constantly ranting about the cramped up ambience. Frankly, the space factor didn’t concern me much as long as the food is good enough. And the food, in fact was delicious. The seafood items were wonderful. My wife wasn’t particularly hungry and settled for a chocolate cake. Incidentally, the cake was so delightful, that she ended up having 4 of it. Overall, cozy and pleasant experience. Highly recommended for couples with average budget looking for some quick food.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

the service is perfect with a lot of right advices regarding what to eat and drink. The prices are really low, at least according to north european standard. I was a bit disappointed by the food (but maybe because I ate so wonderfully in the past days), tasty but not as tasty as I was expecting.
Last but not least the place is very charming but their website will tell more than my words.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Thought this would be a more traditional restaurant but it is contemporary, welcoming and fun. Food is interesting and delicious from the squid ink bread as part of the appetiser tray to the wonderful scaramosa starter. I had a prawn risotto flavoured with fresh coconut as a main course. Finished with sweet and savoury platter which was stunning.
Would definitely go back.