“Great experiance x 2”

Clube de Jornalistas
Ranked #28 of 4,635 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Brazilian, Contemporary, International, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We will be open for dinner on Sunday, the 14th of February.
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I've been to club the Jornalistas twice; once for a romantic dinner in late summer and once with friends in winter time. This place is oozing with atmosphere from the minute you walk in, with is fine interior and its welcoming staff. I must recommend sitting in the back yard, if the weather allows it.

The service is very attentive, patient and calm, which compliments the atmosphere in the restaurant. The food is excellent and offers you a great variety in taste. I loved that the waiter suggested that we share the main course (making it two separate dishes rather then one big one). For a three course meal with 1 bottle of wine, I think we paid around 45 euros per person- which gives you a whole night of luxury both in terms of the food experience, high level of service and some great surroundings.

Tips: choose the “sweet things” for the dessert, is an incredible huge plate offering a lot of small treats!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,144)

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I kept talking with my colleagues about this place and how high it is in the tripadvisor list.
This could lead to a major disappointment but in this case it was true to its promises.
The food was excellent. One steak lover in our party described the steak as one of the best he had and so were the fish and the rest.
The plate of sweet assortment is extravagant in size and apparently very good (I had a desert of cheeses and marmalades which was delicious).
The waiters were very knowledgeable and answered all our questions about the building (18th century) the wines and of course the unavoidable question about the name of the restaurant.

2  Thank Dany H
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We had a buble wine they offer wile waiting. Nice place but it is cold to go to the garden. The special dish of octopus was nice. Many difrent rooms well decorated. A lltle too expensive for Lisbon standards.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

What a great lunch we had here and enjoyed our service and food immensely. THe setting is lovely and historic with all types of old oddities from days gone by. The menu is presented in as a letter in an envelope and you feel like part of the journalist club right then and there ! There are several dining rooms to choose from and in warmer weather, there is a beautiful garden to enjoy the sun and menu. We opted for lamb and risotto and both were prepared with care and taste . Both entrees were delicious as well as the soup ! We opted for the unique icecream flavors that our server offered every flavor as a " sampler " for two to share. It was pure heaven and memorable . Basil icecream and moscatel ... wow ! Following our meal, we were given small parting gifts which were very thoughtful and a nice touch. Our wait staff was a very kind and pleasant young man who was a delight to interact with and his suggestions were right on target !!! We plan to return and share our experiences with others. The restaurant is a short taxi ride into the Lapa district and its worth a walk around to see the river and streets from different views and angles. We loved it !!! Thaniks so much for a great afternoon.

1  Thank Daphnenero
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Of course we ate here because of the reviews and i'm so glad we did. The experience from start to finish was perfect. From the beginning that staff were friendly and chatty making us feel comfortable and they were able to talk about the menu and what it included. This is a big plus for me as they should know what is being served.

Neither my partner or i could decide on what to have, we were offered the chance to share one another's starter. Rather than bringing the plate to share we were given our own plates with the food, an amazing touch and one that made the meal. Main courses were lovely and filling, but the talking point was the desert of 'Sweet Things'. It is pretty difficult to describe but takes me back to my childhood when there were a few deserts on the table and we could try a little bit of everything. The sweet things is that and then some, the flavour combinations produced were sublime and brought lots of giggles when eating it.

I have to commend the staff they are attentive, professional and knowledgable. Some have commented on the atmosphere, i felt that it added to the romanticism not having someone sitting right next to me and space to talk freely.

If you get the chance, jump in a cab and get yourself here oh and book your table before you go.