“Great Italian Restaurant in Bairro Alto”
Review of Esperanca

Esperanca
Ranked #587 of 4,647 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bairro Alto, Bica & Cais do Sodre
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We happened to come across the restaurant our first night in Lisbon. The ambience drew us in - dark wooden tables, candlelit. Perfect for a low-key night. The italian food was good with the tiramisu standing out. Service was friendly and prompt (maybe too quick - we didn't have much time between courses!). We passed another location in the Alfama - looked cute as well.

1  Thank rajithavinnakota

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I am italian. forget it. pizza is 13 euros for a thin slice of hard bread with no toppings. please. that should be illegal. Go to Casanova or Mezzogiorno, those are real pizza (cheap too). Service: the waitresses are the dumbest/ nastiest in Lisbon, seriously. That place is so for posh people with no taste in food.

1  Thank stheultimatereviewer
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I had read good reviews about this place, but after going there I wonder why.
Service is poor (waiters seem to feel they are doing you a favour....), the pasta is good, but not outstanding, it's a bit too expensive to what they offer, ambient music is too loud, and it is dark. I for one like to see what I am eating...
In summary, I would not recommend it, as there are much better places near by

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This was such a happy-making find. We loved the atmosphere in here, and were won over by the pizzas and calzones. We were also really happy when we asked for tap water and were greeted with a smile (that happened rarely in Lisbon).

Reviewed November 13, 2012

In Bairro Alto, at first sight seemed a very simple Restaurant, but after we enter i loved the ambiance with some candles, a very intimist atmosphere, good and very kind service, great food and dessert ( Lime & shrimp Risotto and Lemon pie). I highly recommend it! :)