“Best meal in Lisbon”

Ranked #17 of 5,515 Restaurants in Lisbon
Description: Obrigado
Description: Obrigado
Reviewed March 1, 2019

My partner and I attended here for dinner midweek without a reservation and were lucky to get a table. The restaurant is tiny so booking is a must. The food here is very simple but done exceptionally well and tastes amazing. Most of the food is based around sheeps cheese, chorizo and other sausages made from local meat or wild game, however some seafood, salads and veggie options are available. The highlight of the meal is the restaurant's speciality which consists of bread, grilled sheeps cheese topped with one of the very tasty chorizos or sausages and served with salad. Its effectively a grilled cheese toastie but the best toastie I've ever had. The entire experience is topped off by local wines from 10 euros a bottle and the fantastic service by the owners, who are also fantastic linguists switching effortlessly between French and English as they spoke to both my French partner and me. Overall, this was the best and cheapest meal we had during our 5 nights in Lisbon and I think anyone would be crazy to miss this place!

6  Thank CGriff1293

Reviewed February 26, 2019

First time visiting Portugal, and like many others, we read the fabulous reviews for this place! It did not dissapoint. We were looking for casual and truly authentic Portuguese dining experiences. And that is exactly what we found. The owners, Sonia & Pedro, were so very welcoming. I do suggest contacting them to make a reservation. They replied quickly via FB messenger. The first night we wanted to go, they were booked, but luckily we had the flexibility to book for another night. Pedro did an excellent job of going over the menu for us (in English!) and gave us very generous samples when we were trying to decide on our wine for the evening. Overall, one of the best meals we had in Portugal! Great location and close to the metro too. Thank you Sonia & Pedro - look forward to returning again one day!

7  Thank Laura C
Reviewed February 24, 2019 via mobile

I found this little family restaurant by mistake. It was the best mistake of my life. They serve only local products. Best cheese and meat plate, also the chorizo toast and mushrooms and cheese al forno. You get here by subway to Alameda station and 5 minutes walking. The staff is very nice, especially Pedro.

5  Thank ada_stan
Reviewed February 21, 2019 via mobile

We’ve just eaten at Ha Tapas no Mercado and can quite honestly describe it as the best meal we’ve had! The owners, Pedro and Sonia are extremely welcoming and take time to explain the entire menu in whichever language you require. Pedro’s English was almost perfect and described all of the food brilliantly. There was no rush to eat and we gathered that if you book a table, it’s yours for the entire evening. It turned out that we were extremely lucky to be able to turn up and get a table as we saw several people turned away - if you’re planning on going, it’s well worth booking ahead!

Thank you to Pedro, Sonia and your chef (I forgot his name - sorry!) for a great evening.

5  Thank KrisReynolds
Reviewed February 9, 2019

Thanks for the dinner guys, everything was perfect. We will definitely come back and repeat our experience with you again.

4  Thank janasg20199