“A delicious Taste Tour around Lisbon, learning and feeling the culture and the city!”
Review of More Lisbon

Explore Lisbon Walking Tour
Ranked #53 of 131 Food & Drink in Lisbon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: After several years of doing walking tours, we have decided to take things to the next level and open our own company. As More Lisbon, we aim to provide the ultimate walking tour experience to everyone who wants to truly see Lisbon. We will take you to the most beautiful places in the city, show you its hidden secrets, and tell you their fascinating stories.
Reviewed September 28, 2017

My wife and I were enjoying Portugal and the exciting Lisbon. We have decided to make our time there even better there and took a Taste Tour, which is full of history and curiosities that only real locals knows. Besides, the food and drink...no words! Everything was so great, we want already to come back as soon as possible! I highly recommend this tour if you want to learn, feel, taste the city and culture...a must do!! Greetings from Arthur

All reviews
"guide"
in 5 reviews

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful introduction to Lisbon, relaxed, friendly, funny - our guide even managed to charm and engage my teenager. We returned to many of the places visited, which we would never have known about otherwise. Brilliant.

Reviewed April 11, 2017

Paulo is a fantastic tour guide who has an absolute wealth of knowledge about Lisbon and won't disappoint even the most avid and independent travellers. He took me to the most beautiful neighbourhoods and explained the complex history of them as we walked down nooks and crannies to observe the juxtaposition between the old and the new. He enlightened me about the different tiles that had been used on the buildings and the architectural traditions that had been kept by the citizens whilst being repaired. I really enjoyed Alfama, that reminded me of the Kasbah in Algeria, and he explained the fascinating history of the moorish influences on this city. He also took me to the flea market, pantheon and areas where you could view the whole of Lisbon. He explained to me the culture and passion of food that Portugal has as we sat down for lunch at the Expo 98. One thing is for sure, I have learnt so much about this beautiful city from Paulo that I will take it back with me to improve the quality of my life in London. Don't go anywhere else for a tour! You won't regret the experience!

1  Thank rimesfrost
Reviewed February 12, 2017

I would highly recommend doing the Discover Lisbon tour when first arriving in the city! Paulo provides a vast overview of the history of the city, which really brings the monuments and buildings to life. There is so much context that I would not have gotten had I only wandered around on my own. I was able to take lots of great pictures of the main attractions but also the streets of the different neighborhoods (Alfama was my favorite). This tour is offered at a great value, and I will recommend to anyone who visits!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 12, 2016

Our guide, Paulo, took us on an introductory tour of the city, encompassing the Baixa, Chiado and Alfama neighbourhoods. We saw many interesting historical and archeological sites, all the while hearing about the history of the city from the Carthaginians through to the present day, and the cultural influences of Portuguese colonialism. Paulo’s knowledge seemed inexhaustible. He gave us tips on places to visit (and not to visit) and on places to eat, which we found very useful in the remaining days of our visit (and hopefully the next). Mid-tour, we sat in the Largo do Carmo, discussing the Carnation Revolution over coffee and finally, we wound our way down through the intricate streets of old Lisbon, amongst preparations for the feast of St Antony, glimpsing great views of the city. At the end of the tour, we couldn’t believe that so much time had passed and realised that Paolo had significantly overrun his time. The tour was fascinating. We have done several walking tours of European cities, finding them the best way to get our bearings. This one was up there among the best.

Paulo D, Owner at More Lisbon, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2016

Thank you very much for your feedback! It was a pleasure spending the morning with you and I'm glad that you enjoyed our Discover Lisbon Waking Tour.