“Appalling - would be better off going hungry”
Review of Capricciosa

Capricciosa
Ranked #3,305 of 4,411 Restaurants in Lisbon
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Parque das Nacoes
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Just been to Rossio branch (not on yet by looks of things) and can only echo most reviews. Worst meal I've ever had on holiday. As well as atrocious food you can add poor service and it's not cheap. Pizza inedible and my wife's lasagne was worse than any frozen one you could buy. Simply disgusting. Plates sent back with food hardly touched. Avoid at all costs. Spoilt our trip to a great city

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Sat outside for lunch on a lovely day at this restaurant in Parque das Nacoes (old Expo site). Ordered salad, pizza, pasta and sangria. The pasta with mushrooms, chicken and cream was OK, but the pizza was terrible (soggy, cool, poor toppings, etc.) and the salad of greens and cheese was also awful (little amount, no dressing, etc.). In addition, although the salad was ordered as a shared appetizer, it came the same time as the entrees. The service was slow and very unfriendly. It was a mistake to go there and negatively affect an otherwise lovely day at this park.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I have eaten in Parque das Nações Capricciosa several times and I really did enjoy it! Each plate is well served and they taste really good. The calzones are the best; many ingredients and they taste even better.

The only con.. whenever I went there with many people they get a little bit disorientated (with big groups) and sometimes part of the order is forgotten and stuff like that.

1  Thank Marta K
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch on a busy sunday afternoon. The place was packed inside and outside. We have waited for 15 minutes before our order was taken. Starters arrived quickly and were just ok (salad and bruschetta). My main of pizza was average, the base didnt seem to be crispy enough.
I would not go back as i am sure can get better food elsewere but location is great and view of the bridge is breathtaking!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Went there with a group of 10 or 12 friends. Asked for a pizza with olives. The waiter (a real piece of work) told me he would not add olives to my order. I told him would pay for the extra ingredient without problems. He would not allow me to have my order as i wished. Anyway, i ate the pizza with my friends (was nothing worth mentioning) while the waiters showed this "superior" tone and way of talk that was like talking down on us. Anyway, when it was time to pay, we asked for the check (with the grand total). The ammount was like 143€. We paid 150€ and waited for the waiter to bring the change back to us. He did not come. I then went to him and asked for the 7€ of change. His response was mind boggling: "oh, i thought you didnt want it!?". I yelled at him saying: "OF COURSE I WANT IT". Afterwards i promised never to set foot there again, which i havent. Capricciosa is probably the worst restaurant i have ever been, being treated like an ignorant. All i can say is that whenever there are group dinners and they mention that restaurant i make them change their mind to other restaurant which is much better and lacks the "low quality service" this one has.

1  Thank Tiago C