“We adore this place, such fresh food...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casanova

Casanova
Ranked #150 of 4,016 Restaurants in Lisbon
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Graca & Sao Vicente
London, United Kingdom
“We adore this place, such fresh food...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

We came here twice in May when we were in Lisbon for my birthday and twice again in July when we were in Cascais, we came via train and the metro, so easy to use. Anyway the food at this place is just divine, I had my usual of spaghetti with chili and garlic oil, they have so much garlic in this dish I just love it. The pasta is perfect and fresh, and it all gets washed down with a caraf of prosecco with raspberry juice. I just cannot get enough of this food. J has the pizza which he loves as much as I do my pasta, and we force down a pudding of pizza base covered half in nutella and the other half in marscapone and honey. It is very popular this restaurant, the later you go the longer the queue to get a seat but well worth the wait.

• Visited July 2014

• Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Zagreb, Croatia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great pizza in Lisbon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

After a short search we managed to find the place. We had a lovely pizza at the terrace near the river. My girlfriend had pizza with shrimps while I had prosciutto with rocket salad.

The waiter was fluent in English and gave us good tips for ordering.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Best pizza I've ever eaten.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Being myself a very demanding and critical person when it comes to pizzas, all I can say is that the simplicity that lies in the meatiness of the porcini, their earthy flavor joined with the delicate and sweet of asiago cheese in a perfect cooked crust is pure perfection. The pizzas of my companions were also really good and of amazing quality and perfect balance of flavors and quantity of ingredients. The place is original, beautiful decoration and very modern and timeless, without being generic at all. The service is very nice, quick and efficient, even tough you might have to wait some time to get a table in the rush hour, specially in the weekend when it defenitely becomes a "family restaurant", wich also doesn't makes it the perfect place if you're looking for a calm and intimate environment. Lovely tiramisu as well, even for non-tiramisu lovers!

United Kingdom
“Best pizzas in Lisbon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

This is a very popular restaurant among locals but probably not very known by tourists as it is not located near major tourist attractions. Go early or be prepared to wait in a long queue as the restaurant does not accept reservations.
You will eat in long tables and share your space with other diners so don't expect much privacy. Because of this, it's probably not the best place for a romantic meal. The terrace is a lovely place to eat when the weather is nice, although you might have to wait longer as it is the most popular area in the restaurant.
The homemade ice tea is a must!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Pretty good service; food OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Well, it's pizza and pasta - what can go wrong ? Nothing really, but then again hard to do anything spectacular. A few, slightly, unusual ingredients, OK wine choice (for pizzeria), reasonable prices.
Staff very helpful and friendly.
Get there early - we were there for about 6.15 and got a table straightaway, as we left, about 7.30 the queue was out of the door.
Location isn't great, and quite a walk from the main sights, (very close to metro station though).

Visited July 2014