“Your best option for indian food”
Review of Cantinho Da Paz

Cantinho Da Paz
Ranked #1,166 of 4,550 Restaurants in Lisbon
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I visited the place once since I was staying just one block away from the Goa (India) restaurant. The experience was so good that I decided I should write a good review for the place. The lady serving us was very helpful, explaining the menu, offering suggestions and always being available to make the experience worthwhile. I ordered a spicy pork dish, which was AMAZING. My girlfriend ordered shrimps in coconut milk sauce and she got 5 huge prawns. The ambience is a little bit tarnished but it goes well with the neighborhood and gives the place some charm. I would definitely go back when I'm back in Lisbon.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

It is difficult to find in a place where parking is impossible, but once you get over that, it's easily the best indian restaurant in Lisbon. The owners are really nice and helpul. Only downside is that it's quite small.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Hello, does anyone know the owner of the Cantinho da Paz or have any idea in how I could contact them? I am a student working on my International Studies thesis, which is of the main theme of the Goan Diaspora in Lisbon. Specifically I am examining the construction of identity through cuisine. I thought this restaurant sounded fascinating and delicious!

Thank you!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

As Goa was colonised by the Portuguese, Goan food is heavily influenced by Portuguese cuisine. This place was recommended by someone in the hotel we were staying.

There were many lovely things on the menu, but half of them were not available on the night that we dined. No explanation was given, but it meant by boyfriend struggled to choose something. I ordered the feijoada 'Goa style' and was told by the waitress that it would be too spicy for me. I decided to take my chances and ordered it anyway. It wasn't that spicy, I ate it all. I think the waitress was quite impressed that a little English girl had managed to eat something that she described as 'very spicy'. Boyfriend ordered Vindaloo, which luckily turned out to be nothing like a Vindaloo you would find in a restaurant in the UK. We both enjoyed what we ate, but the waitress did not appear to want to be there, and the atmosphere in the restaurant was not great. Interestingly, there were no locals in there.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

The oldest Goan restaurant in Lisbon (37 y.o.) and the best of all. For starters we had Bojas (fried onion), chapati bread and samossas. For main course we had moqueca de camarao (shrimps in a coconut sauce) and xacuti de vitela (beef in a spicy sauce). Staff is friendly and helpfull. The wine selection is the best you can find. If you're an indian (Goan) food lover don't miss this place.

2  Thank Isaac A