“Did not meet expectations”

Cervejaria Trindade
Ranked #640 of 4,049 Restaurants in Lisbon
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Chiado & Carmo
Description: The Trindade Beer Hall, the oldest and most beautiful beer hall in Portugal, was created in 1836, in the space which had, since the 13th century been occupied the Santissima Trindade Convent. In what used to be the monk's refectory, amongst the 19th century painted tile panels, the exceptionally good beer, and the best dishes of traditional Portuguese Cuisine and the freshest of seafood, you will discover why our costumers feel so well looked after at Trindade.
Zurich, Switzerland
“Did not meet expectations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I was quite excited about going to this restaurant, given its historic relevance and tradition (about which your Lisbon guide will happily inform you). However, the dinner hall is not half as nice as one would expect from the images. Also, the food is ok, but nothing spectacular. Our waiter was quite busy and not very attentive, and we've waited quite some time for our food. There are far better restaurants in Lisbon, I would not necessarily go back to this one.

• Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cascais, Portugal
“Go elsewhere, there are plenty of very good places to eat in Lisbon”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Yesterday I ate ( I tried to eat!!!!) at one of the most nice "brasseries" in town. A very old and popular in Lisbon. It's very sad to come here and tell you: go elsewhere !!!!!! My seafood rice, ( a wonderfull dish around Portugal, -and I know it, I'm portuguese-) was horrible, had a bad taste and the seafood was not fresh. The service was vey slow, the restaurant's chef as soon as I asked for the complain book, charged me 21 euros for the food I could not eat. If I would agree not to write a complain he would not charge me the 21 euros. You can eat very well in Lisbon, but this one is not a place I would recommend!

• Visited August 2013
5 Thank Alinedagama
Georgia
“Look at the murals and then eat elsewhere”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

My wife and I stopped by here based on the recommendations in our tour guide and an employee at our lodging location.

The restaurant is very scenic. The interior is very interesting because it is a converted church and the murals are pretty. However, this place is a mediocre place to drink beer or eat dinner. This was the worst meal we had in Portugal. The food was overcooked, dry, and blah. My wife could not even choke down her meal. The desert was the only thing enjoyable we ate. As for being a beer hall, the beer selection is small and disappointing.

Why go here when there are so many better places to eat and drink in Lisbon.

1 Thank Zautman
Hong Kong, China
“Nice interior, production line set lunch, service without a smile :-|”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Though the reviews on tripadvisor are very mixed, we decided to give this place a go for lunch. The interior looked welcoming and the menu outside hit the right buttons. We opted for the set lunches and many restaurants these days can put together something decent and competitive in these times of economic difficulty. Within 5 mins of ordering, the starters arrived and also a luke warm main. I had flashbacks of the school cafetaria...In any other place, we would have asked the staff to give us something more freshly cooked, but they were ALL without smiles and focused on the private party of 50 locals. Luckily we are in Lisbon for 5 days and we can sample better food (and less glum service) elsewhere. Would I recommend this place? At least for lunch, absolutely not.

1 Thank RM303
Sydney, Australia
“Can't go wrong with the 'holy' steak.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

So far if you've read the majority of our reviews, I have given top marka simply because we've had te beat experience. Our last night in Portugal/Europe we went to this restaurant which was recommended by a family member of ours. The waiter we had knew not only how to speak the local lingo, but very well English, French and Spanish. Not only was he personable, but recommended great dishes to us and I and pass on that the steak was fantastic. Yes, I agree with other reviews that it is pricy, however well worth the spend.