Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$78
Hotels.com$78
Priceline$78
eDreams$78
CheapTickets$78
Travelocity$78
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 28, 2011

A small walk-up one floor pension well situated in the Belem area of Lisbon. Friendly desk staff were able to answer most questions we had. Close to the water and to bus and trams system.. The room we had was small, small, small but we weren't in it much so not an issue. The airconditioning worked well and was welcome as it was fairly warm during our visit. They only accept cash but with an atm just outside, not a problem.
We had a room at the back of the hotel so it was fairly quiet. The windows are doubleglazed and they have heavy shutters that you can close. So it was dark and quiet. That being said, anyone walking down the hallways outside the room was clearly audible.

Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank vic-coastar
Reviewed July 1, 2009

A friend and I were in Belem and stayed at the Pensao. I found it clean, quiet and having a friendly staff. My friend wished there were more lighting and a telephone in the room but the lack of these did not bother me.There are many restaurants to chose from in the area. and we found a great place for breakfast across the street. Many places of interest were withing walking distance as was the train one could take to Casais or Estoril. We looked forward every day to walking a short way up the street to the sinfully delicious pastry shop. I wasn't too enamoured having to walk up the three flightsof circular stair but got use to them and they helped to prepare me for all the hills and stairs we encountered in Belem and other areas of Portugal. The staff was helped us with our luggage on our arrival and our departure Would I recommend this place, of course.

Date of stay: June 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank 7734IJA
Reviewed June 22, 2009

If you're not super eager to be in Belem or near a train to Cascais, I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to stay here. The night life and restaurant choices are a little slim, and it takes a long time to get into Lisbon or to any of the train or bus stations. I did, however, like that it gave us an excuse to visit the most famous of the Pasteis bakeries and try them fresh from the source, as the Setubalense is right down the street. And one added bonus is that there is a Coke machine right in the hotel... perfect for Coke Light addicts like myself!

Date of stay: June 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2008

We were given a choice of rooms: 45 euros for a small twin room with not much of a view or 60 euros for a larger room with a queen-sized bed and a twin-sized bed and an amazing view from the terrace (see photos). The decision was easy.

The small hotel is located in Belem, which is about a 20-minute tram ride from the center of Lisbon. Breakfast is not available at Pensao Setubalense, but the world-famous cafe, Confeitaria de Belem, is just a few doors away. Belem is home to a number of excellent sites and is a pleasant neighborhood to stroll during the day or evening. Among the sites are the Tower of Belem, the Monument to the Discoveries, the Jeronimos monastery, and the Maritime Museum.

The room was sufficient in space, and the bathroom was large by European standards. The shower was strong and hot water was immediate. Unfortunately, a mildly bad odor was evident at times (not of our making!--we dealt with it by buying a 1-euro room freshener). Also, one of us suffered bed bug bites.

The staff was friendly and helpful in answering any question or concern.

A few yards/meters away is a quiet pedestrian street--Rua Veira Portuense--with several restaurants. We tried two of them: Floresta (excellent pork and grilled squid dishes) and Montenegro (superb seafood rice).

All things considered, Pensao Setubalense is an excellent value.

Date of stay: November 2008
5  Thank TheWanderingJoe
Reviewed October 5, 2008

Me and my boyfriend stayed three nights here. The building is very old, the staff is very nice, but the rooms were not the cleanest I've seen! Do not get me wrong, you can stay here for a few nights, it is bearable, but do not expect 5-star conditions!! On the other hand, the location is the best in Lisbon (in my opinion, at least) - many of the greatest attractions of Lisbon are just a few minutes away, the neighborhood is very peaceful and lovely (not as noisy and crowded as Alfama or Baixa), and... let's not forget the delicious Pastéis de Belém (found on the same street as the Pensão). Of course, you can even catch a train to Estoril from the train station in Belém! It's really worth it - I already miss the ocean.

Date of stay: September 2008