“Good food, thoughtful service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ribadouro

Ribadouro
Ranked #483 of 4,047 Restaurants in Lisbon
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dorset
“Good food, thoughtful service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were a party of 6 oldies - we had reserved a table, but we were early in the evening and there was no need - later on it can get full. We all ordered bacalhau a bras. Salt cod can be a bit chewy but this was delicious and was a real taste of Portugal. When the waiter served us he had taken the initiative and brought one serving for each couple but promising to bring more if we wanted it. This turned out to be plenty and meant that not only did we enjoy our meal but also it was inexpensive. By the way, we were initially served with bread and patees (for which we would have been charged) but there was no problem, and no charge, when we indicated that we did not want it.

Visited September 2013

• Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Western Ireland, Ireland
“Good job that we booked”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We ate here as a treat to ourselves having walked past it (and read about it)several times, ogling the live seafood in tanks in the windows. One lunch time we saw a guy emerging and asked him if it was worth a visit...he said yes, for sure, but make sure you book. So we did. for 7-45pm that evening. It was pretty quiet when we arrived, but smelled good and the bottle of verde recommended by the waiter was v reasonably priced and delicious , we had a mixed sea food plate and a bowl each of sauted shrimp, with superfresh bread rolls and green salad.It was so delicious we hardly looked up from our plates, when we did, the place was full, with a queue of unbooked customers going out the door. Would i go back? Yes. Fresh Seafood with good wine at a reasonable price

• Visited November 2012
“Think we were ripped off”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We went at Rick Steve's suggestion and ordered barnacles. They came with something else and we didn't know what it was or that we should to send it back. We were charged an extra 35 euros for three big legs of crab. I think waiter tricked us.

Visited October 2013
Linkoping, Sweden
“Give Ribdouro a chance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Seafoodlovers: Give the servant a buget e.g. €25 for a plate with his best choice for the evening. We did and got a delicious symphony.Vinho verde according to his recommendation among dry wines and we were happy with this meal and also with the service and atmosphere in a place that became fully booked while wecwere there. ObsoG

Visited September 2013
El Jadida, Morocco
“Mainly locals eating here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have to confess that I really wanted to go to the place 50 yards away that I went to last night, but it must be closed on Sunday lunchtimes. Anyway, this place looked fine - and it was!

As I'd be eating somewhere (I hope) special this evening on my last night in Lisbon, I just had a main course. Cubed pork with pommes de terre sautées and pickles. Gosh, it was enormous. I wasn't going to leave a single bit though. Tender pork, nicely flavoured, potatoes a tiny bit oily but the pickles cut through this. And no one had overdone the salt! I peeked at other people's plates and they looked as if they were of good quality too. My meal was just over 10 Euros, a bargain, really.

Out of all the restaurants in Lisbon, would I make a detour to go back? Probably not, but this is not to say that the place is bad at all. I just like finding new places to eat at, that's all.

So, if you're in the area, near the Avenida tube station, it's certainly an option.

• Visited September 2013